Source for replacement shock/strut seals (SHP or non)

Jehu

Has anyone sourced where to find replacement seals for rebuilding shocks/struts? I have both SHP and non-SHP so either will do.

Thanks.

Fronts are inserts, and rears are whole units. Tokios became super rare about 2 years ago, KYB's are next in line and are or will be rare shortly. There are some other random replacements like maybe gabrial ect, and then mod / swap from other car type replacements. Might be some mooki one's floating around but I heard a few gripe about them

I'm mainly just looking for the seals for the rebuildable fronts. Has anyone found seals to rebuild the front shocks? I have a front shock that spits fluid...

I know there are replacement inserts but just replacing the seals would be cheaper if there are compatible seals found.

I emailed tokico and kyb. Probably 20 places or more and sent then pictures and numbers of the upper seal and they are replied back saying they dont have them. I think you could replace them by measuring the shock shaft diameter and getting a seal for hydaulic tubes. But then machine the glandnut to accept the seal.

Hello

I am in need of a supply of KYB seals. I beleive they are KYB hydraulic seals.

They are lettered and numbered.Numbers and letters on it are "kyb" and "509" and "71s" and three pairs of numbers in a row 22 34 10

Are you able to help?

Most of my emails back where like this......

Jeff,

Almost all of the Kayaba / KYB products are OEM proprietary items. The seal numbers that you listed do not represent a seal that we are familiar with. Therefore, we can only assume that this seal is from an OEM proprietary item. Because of the proprietary agreements, we can only recommend that you identify the manufacturer of the machine (OEM) that this product came from, and contact one of their dealers. I am sorry that we cannot help you more.

Regards,

Frank Harvey

KYB America LLC

I kinda gave up after that, but i would think a seal thats very close the one in the gland nut would be available, i think Trilogy used to rebuild the shp struts so many they have the info on what seal to use. It would be pretty sweet to be able to rebuilt and use the shp's