AC Components

ColdScrip

i have condenser/lines/drier and compressor bracket 20 shipped good shape. no compressor

You have a condensor for 20 shipped? We are talking about the same thing here right? Looks like and is about the same size as a radiator. Which lines exactly?

Wouldn't need the compressor bracket.

Lines to the best of my knowledge:

1. Large one going from compressor to strut tower to evap core in dash.

2. Smaller one going from compressor to condensor.

3. Hard one going from evap core up to and near the radiator.

4. Hard one going from accumulator to the hard line in # 3

AC Lines and condensor must be from a manual car, automatics have different ones.

Edited by ColdScrip

Needs to be for a 5 speed also. ( in fact I might be in the market also since my white Quest has A/c trouble) No intention to hijack Bill. you get first dibs.

Dad

Needs to be for a 5 speed also. ( in fact I might be in the market also since my white Quest has A/c trouble) No intention to hijack Bill. you get first dibs.

Dad

lol just seeing what people have and prices, feel free to jump in, as long as we get what we need

Ive got everything but a compressor and the line that runs over the valve cover from my 87 5 speed. Brand new drier and a couple other things brand new in the box. I planned I putting the A/C back together but decided I dont drive a caddy.

Yes. Its a 5 speed unit. Ill post pics.

Awesome, waiting on pics. So condenser/lines/drier all for 20 shipped?

Ive got everything but a compressor and the line that runs over the valve cover from my 87 5 speed. Brand new drier and a couple other things brand new in the box. I planned I putting the A/C back together but decided I dont drive a caddy.

What else do you have new besides the drier?

Do you have the line with the pressure switches? (Runs in front of the condenser near the drier). I could actually use 2 of those with unmolested sensors and the harness coming off them. Thanks for your time.

So you have a condenser? Hows the condition and how much would you be looking for?

i have a few NIB drier and expansion valve, i also have a used compressor. pm if interested doodz ;)

Know if the compressor is any good? Price on drier and/or expansion valve? Also where is the expansion valve on these? Have a pic?

I have a condenser off a 89 5 speed and a new in box drier. I don't need them and have been sitting around since I did the 2Jz swap. I was about to scrap it at the metal recycle. However I want someone to be able to use it.

Thanks for posting. How much would you ask for the condenser and drier? What condition is the condenser in? Able to get front and back pics of the condenser? I ask because i've come across some pretty bad used ones lol.

Condenser's and the line from the condenser leading back to the compressor needs to be from a 5 speed. Thanks guys.

Edited by ColdScrip

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_images/master/snapback.pngIntercooledFlatty, on 22 November 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

i have a few NIB drier and expansion valve, i also have a used compressor. pm if interested doodz ;)

Know if the compressor is any good? Price on drier and/or expansion valve? Also where is the expansion valve on these? Have a pic?

compressor is from a n 87' that worked when pulled, been stored inside for the last 3 years. $40 shipped for drier and expansion valve that is located under the dash :P suxx i know but if you're redoing an a/c system do it, right the first time. i'd ship all 3 for $80 via paypal

Looking at the parts catalog. Although it states two part numbers for the condenser, one manual, one auto. It does show that the discharge hose leading from the compressor is the same part number regardless. On the auto it just connects to an extension hose rather than directly to the condenser. This may aid you in your search.

Looking at the parts catalog. Although it states two part numbers for the condenser, one manual, one auto. It does show that the discharge hose leading from the compressor is the same part number regardless. On the auto it just connects to an extension hose rather than directly to the condenser. This may aid you in your search.

You are absolutely right, just talked to my dad about this as well. Thanks for the input.

compressor is from a n 87' that worked when pulled, been stored inside for the last 3 years. $40 shipped for drier and expansion valve that is located under the dash :P suxx i know but if you're redoing an a/c system do it, right the first time. i'd ship all 3 for $80 via paypal

Harry, I'll do it. PM me the email for paypal please. Any idea if the dash has to be pulled to replace it? Know the miles of the 87 car it was pulled from?

Still searching for more parts, compressors, condensers, lines etc.

i got 2 of the big line that runs across the firewall. i also have 2 unknown condition compressors for the price of shipping Edited by joey_crandall

I have a brand new drier and brand new expansion valve.

I do have the line with the pressure switches. Just recently removed that line. Switches were never touched. Just unplugged em from the harness.

I do have a condensor. It is in O.K. shape. Few bent fins here and there but it worked fine when I HAD the A/C functioning correctly. No leaks.

I have a brand new drier and brand new expansion valve.

I do have the line with the pressure switches. Just recently removed that line. Switches were never touched. Just unplugged em from the harness.

I do have a condensor. It is in O.K. shape. Few bent fins here and there but it worked fine when I HAD the A/C functioning correctly. No leaks.

How much for the line and condenser? Also a price for the expansion valve? Any chance of a pic of the condenser? By unplugged from the harness you mean that the switches still have some wire and a connector having off them right? I ask because I thought they came off right at the sensor and ruined my switches.

Edited by ColdScrip

Update:

Looking for:

2 good manual condensers

1 line with the sensors on it

1 more expansion valve

1 more good compressor

May need the larger firewall line and the smaller one that goes to the compressor from the condenser. I haven't gotten out to the shop to check yet.

-Dad will probably be looking for components as well so...

Edited by ColdScrip