replacing gauges

I want to replace the factory: Boost, oil press., water temp., and volt gauges with aftermarket and want to know if anyone has done it and how to go about it with the board behind it.

I'm planning the same. I'll be going with all Autometer Sport Comp and just need the tach now. 3 gauges are going below the radio including fuel press, volt, & EGT. A/F on left column and 2 5/8" oil press outside on cowl already. Instead of the 2 small gauges on left & right, I'll have just one of the 52mm / 2 1/16", Fuel level on L & cool temp on right with boost in the stock middle.

The plan is to hack out my stocker and get a plate cut with the holes to match Autometer's gauge diameter (the stock speedo & tach holes are slightly bigger than needed for Autometer to fit). The trick will be getting the turn signals and stock warning lights matched up perfectly, but a buddy does CAD, and offered to help. I have a donor console to use too. It looks like the added depth won't allow for reusing the stock plastic shield, but those are hard to find in great shape anyhow.

Who knows - it could be a group purchase pending the eventual outcome & cost. Don't hold your breath since I have more pressing needs at the time, like engine rebuild and tranny swap. I wasn't going to even post until done, but it's good to see I'm not alone in this.