(CA) Drive & dine - 6/21

StallionProject86

So long time in procrastination I think there may be enough interest in a little tandem. Further consideration led me to believe Big Bear Mountain isn't really the ideal location. Glendora Mountain Road also referred to as GMR has been noted and now pursued..June 21st; meet by 10am @ the Starbucks on 1832 East Route 66 Glendora, CA 91740. There is also something in the works to be carried out near the end of the month of October with similar conditions so I can understand if you want to pass on this gathering..I'm mainly staging this so I and whomever else can get a feel for the pass and of course hang out, can never get enough of that. After or before we can grab a bite to eat preferably after so we can get to winding down but either way works for me we just need to decide here. Let's make it happen! State any additions or concerns you may have under this subject and we'll see what we can do.

Attendants:

1. Myself

Edited by StallionProject86

Yeah I like Saturday or Sunday, I prefer Sunday more however as there's probably the least amount of traffic in terms of the weekend.

Convette, as soon as you get a muffler and your glass tinted let me know I'll go off that along with weather reports to establish a day.

Really? Last time I was up there I saw no cops. .maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. .well do you have any suggestions? I can't think of any other place with the scenery Big Bear has (with consideration to relative distance). Would you be willing to try.? If things don't pan out we'll reroute on the next one. Edited by StallionProject86

Tons of CHP on Sundays...we could drive up but it wouldn't be invigorating....

Okay well Sunday is definitely out then, I just assumed it would be less heavy then Friday or Saturday. I guess durning the week would be best in terms of population. But that's not going to work.

Ive done turnbull and los angeles crest, turnbull was EMPTY on a sunday but it is relatively short and not a whole lot of scenery. GMR is also an option but Ive never done that one.

Yea I would rather go to gmr. The reason I like BB though is once again for the landscape, eatery's, ect.

I guess it just depends on those willing to go if you want more of a spirited drive or if your leaning more towards a cruise. I'm willing to do either.

Big Bear and Angeles Crest National Forest roads are nice and twisty. They have great sites and the roads do lead to cities and eateries.

Don't be discouraged by the cops and traffic. If you leave early enough, you can have a spireted drive here and there. Just gotta keep and eye for cops, Park Rangers and CHP.

If you start at Big Bear, you can make it all the way to Little Tujunga Rd that dumps you into Glendale/ Burbank/ Tujunga and if you keep going, Canyon Country and Palmdale.

It's a long haul, tons of twists and turns, ups and downs and of course, great sites. If you end up going all the way to say, Canyon Countr, there is a bomb BBQ joint and watering hole called Lucille's. Ya'll can wet your whistles and eat some really delicious BBQ.

http://www.lucillesbbq.com/locations/valencia

• Like 1

Big Bear and Angeles Crest National Forest roads are nice and twisty. They have great sites and the roads do lead to cities and eateries.

Don't be discouraged by the cops and traffic. If you leave early enough, you can have a spireted drive here and there. Just gotta keep and eye for cops, Park Rangers and CHP.

If you start at Big Bear, you can make it all the way to Little Tujunga Rd that dumps you into Glendale/ Burbank/ Tujunga and if you keep going, Canyon Country and Palmdale.

It's a long haul, tons of twists and turns, ups and downs and of course, great sites. If you end up going all the way to say, Canyon Countr, there is a bomb BBQ joint and watering hole called Lucille's. Ya'll can wet your whistles and eat some really delicious BBQ.

http://www.lucillesbbq.com/locations/valencia

That is a drive but it sounds pretty enticing to me, Lucilles is the cherry on top. Aha. Place is good.

mufflers are in the mail, but the car needs some other things after last weekend. Dont let me hold you guys up on this.

Sure thing man. I have to get my sr20 radiator fabricated before this as well so no worries. I have updated the op once again and am looking at the first weekend in Oct so hopefully we can both get our work done in time.

Hey guys, I'm totally interested in driving on Glendora Road, I really hope it will be a Sunday though (even though someone said cops like it) because I have Sundays off! Let me know further details.

My number is (760)807-8342

My name is Jeff

I live in San Diego, CA

Thanks.

I'd love to go to Laguna such a distance though I need me a toy trailer just in case she breaks on me. Aha.

And Jeff we'd be glad to have you, also from the poll count so far it seems like it will be a Sunday. Stay tuned.