stuttering issues @3000 rpm

I am having issues with my car car at about 3000 rpms. We put in an adjustable fuel regulator a fuel pressure gauge and I have an AEM wideband. The cruises great on the fwy. I am struggling to put my foot on the gas. I am seeking help from my fellow questers.

Everything recommended above plus make sure you clean up the injector leads/prongs with sand paper. Do you have the stock pump? if you do, remove the cone filter thats right before the pump and check your strainer as well.

i feel we need a better description of what is going on or at least more details please.

does it rev to red line?

if so does it buck at 2600 to 3000 as your revving up accelerating?

check the vac advance on the dizzy. hook clean hose to it

suck on it if it holds vacuum it is good if like sucking on a

straw then it is bad and replace.

if you cannot accelerate past 3000 that means around the

2500 to 3000 RPM secondary injector is not kicking on or

possibly flooding the engine.

had an injector once in my hands using a 9 volt battery to

test it with and you could actually feel and hear it slow

down and eventualy stop working by repeatedly switching

it off and on by hand.

I have been having the same issue. Import warrior has been a great help for me I trying to diagnose my problem. Also check your coolant temp sensor. One of the things that was shot on my quest. While it did not fix my issue it did help my car run a lot smoother and less rich. Idk if that has been an issue for you as well as your stumble problem

Long shot

Check the fuel filter between the fuel pump and gas tank the cone or conicle filter usually stays in the hose as you remove it from the pump.

Mine was clogged and caused car to run hot and very lean.

Long shot I know but something to easily check.

I've considered that for mine except my car usually starts to backfire and bog down which would indicate too much fuel as opposed to not enough correct? I tried to replace the FPR with an adjustable one like Schaffman but it didn't help so I put the stock one back on.

Schaffman, could you go into more detail with your stuttering issue?

As soon as the car revs around 3000 rpm it starts to buck or stutter. My aem wide band drops under 10 and I need to back off the accelerator. I put the fuel pressure up to 40 and there is no improvement. The car cruises nicely on the freeway once it is up and runing. I can't put my foot on the throttle to hard because the meter drops to fast. I have to baby the car to get up to speed. Too much gas and it wants to choke. I hope that helps.

This is what is new on the car,

I have an adjustable fuel regulator

Fuel pressure gauge

Aem wide band

Freshly cleaned injectors from RC Engineering

The Mazda tps from Starquestclub

new ngk spark plugs

Yep. I am having the same exact issue. I ran into a mechanic who is having this problem as well. He found out the if you unplug the black banded injector at a certain RPM and plug it back in he is able to red line it. He is attempting to put an RPM limiter on that injector to see if that helps. Supposed to hear from him any day

His reasoning is that the injector is spraying when it isn't supposed too. So the limiter is supposed to help properly regulate the spray. Idk if there is a better way of doing this or not. He said he tried everything else.

both you should check the cone filter at the pump. I was having the same issue with my 89 and everthing else check out (regulator,tps, vac advance,good injector pulse on secondary) and it turned out that the strainer material fell apart and got sucked up the fuel pick up and stuck in the cone filter. The car would idle fine and run smooth until I started going into boost (around2700/3k rpm). If you find anything at the cone filter, make sure to check your strainer. This wont take you but maybe 15 minutes. Edited by 93 GSX TURBO

have you tried a known good working MAF sensor?

New TPS have you performed the

TPS RESET? closed should read .50 (.48 to .52 )

wide open should be 5.00

get an analog meter and do a sweep test with the TPS. make sure it is smooth

from end to end not jumpy unless your hand is stuttering.

plugs gap from .028 to .032 range?

If any of you have the cone filter it should be thrown away.

The cone filter does not work with aftermarket pumps very well. Especially airtex pumps. The cone filter blocks more than half the pump inlet restricting flow. I had an 88 that ran perfect except it would buck when you went into boost. Turns out it had an airtex pump with the cone filter installed. When you went into boost fuel pressure dropped below 20 psi. Took out the cone filter and the car boosted perfectly.