Highest HP on stock short block???

This is all I could dig up for WHP output from a stock block. Curious if anyone knows of any others......

Artinist / 70K mi short block / 60-1@23psi 91oct / 320wtq 348whp

Notstock88 / 135K mi short block / 5857 @ 21psi / 355wtq 314whp

Edited by phinko

Nitro Nick ran 12.4 with a 50 shot I know he sprayed up to a 100 shot on the street was ezly a 11's car. New hd valve springs and a jet vavle elim kit and new head gasket. Edited by TainterRacing

I'll give it a shot once I get a good tune on there, completely stock with a lot of miles...Worst case scenario something pops and you replace it with a new one. Not like the blocks are hard to get a hold of.

Back in 2007 or so Pagemo and I tried to find the limits on my 105k engine stock down to the HG, cam, stock headbolts, and JV's. Only thing we did was confirm the head was torqued correctly. I mean we did everything possible to pop the stock engine short of spray. MPI, MSII, EDIS, 3" exhaust, big Spearco IC, and a Super16g upwards of 28 psi if not even higher :) Might have been an 18g at the time because we were playing with the Mitsu turbos alot during this time too. Spent ALOT of time on the dyno back then so I'll have to dig a little and try to find the sheet but I want to say it was right at 350/350 (348hp/351tq is stuck in my head) running Q-16. I'm sure we had the ignition advanced pretty big too. Most of my sheets were stored on my computer from that time since I had Dynojet Runviewer and that computer has long since died so not certain I'll be able to produce anything short of assuring everyone the stock block is suprisingly strong if tuned well. Hopefully Pagemo or Bad2Rass can chime in as they would have probably been on-site during that dyno.

For the record I never blew it and the stock block is still running strong at around 110k now (knock wood). I did take out the HG eventually when my EDIS coil took a dump and the car started cutting out at high rpm. This engine is headed into my dad's car (NOTPRPL) with the 2JZ going into my gold car.

Edited by jonboyb

In the spring time when mine gets dyno tuned, Ill update you guys. my winter build is all going onto my 93k mile stock lower block. ported NJV SS OS valve head, ported, ported manifolds, hybrid turbo, MSD, MAF-T, Meth injection, all the good stuff.

-Justin

Does anybody have any dyno graphs showing what they put down on the stock block? I would like to see a compiled list of dyno sheets for people with stock block so we can get to the bottom of phil's question... That and this way I can see what #'s I need to beat :)

Back in 2007 or so Pagemo and I tried to find the limits on my 105k engine stock down to the HG, cam, stock headbolts, and JV's. Only thing we did was confirm the head was torqued correctly. I mean we did everything possible to pop the stock engine short of spray. MPI, MSII, EDIS, 3" exhaust, big Spearco IC, and a Super16g upwards of 28 psi if not even higher :) Might have been an 18g at the time because we were playing with the Mitsu turbos alot during this time too. Spent ALOT of time on the dyno back then so I'll have to dig a little and try to find the sheet but I want to say it was right at 350/350 (348hp/351tq is stuck in my head) running Q-16. I'm sure we had the ignition advanced pretty big too. Most of my sheets were stored on my computer from that time since I had Dynojet Runviewer and that computer has long since died so not certain I'll be able to produce anything short of assuring everyone the stock block is suprisingly strong if tuned well. Hopefully Pagemo or Bad2Rass can chime in as they would have probably been on-site during that dyno.

For the record I never blew it and the stock block is still running strong at around 110k now (knock wood). I did take out the HG eventually when my EDIS coil took a dump and the car started cutting out at high rpm. This engine is headed into my dad's car (NOTPRPL) with the 2JZ going into my gold car.

That would be cool to see! Q16?? Really?? But yes, I agree on the strength of these blocks. Theyve gonna down the track with really quick times so they have to be able to handle some pressure.

Pretty sure Franco is a untouched bottom end. It also broke soon after and is on jack stands now. Maybe aim higher and try to knock off some of the tbi guys first, before you pick on the slower mpi guys. :lol:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119007&st=0&p=1156310&&do=findComment&comment=1156310

I mean untouched, not a rebuilt stocker.

Mingo/chrisviper/Yoko fall into a rebuilt stock area.

But yeah, just curious who Eric will need to beat. ;)

Virgin or rebuilt stock are the same thing. They both have the same internals. I see no reason to seperate those 2 catagories.

You can rebuild better then oem with oem parts (Blue Printing the motor) Bearings might not be the same as well. Polishing parts and so on as well. Arp bolts and studs..... Edited by TainterRacing

You can rebuild better then oem with oem parts (Blue Printing the motor) Bearings might not be the same as well. Polishing parts and so on as well. Arp bolts and studs.....

Exactamundo! Otherwise my block is also a rebuilt stocker. And everyone else not using aftermarket rods.

He separated them because supra guys do, and deep within his heart, phinko is a supra fan boy.

I've been had!

Mine has a TEP cam, otherwise the engine is all stock IE haven't touched anything underneath the camshaft. In the spring when it's running well enough to dyno I'll make it a point to get it posted up here. It'll at least be north of 300whp/tq I guarantee that, and hopefully 350whp and 400wtq or so.

Mine has a TEP cam, otherwise the engine is all stock IE haven't touched anything underneath the camshaft. In the spring when it's running well enough to dyno I'll make it a point to get it posted up here. It'll at least be north of 300whp/tq I guarantee that, and hopefully 350whp and 400wtq or so.

Goodluck man! Glad to hear its running!!