Rotaries are weird

jahjah

did you know there was a rotor vet?

Yup trial 4 rotor. GM put it down saying it would be too costly and nobody would buy it...

RX-7 FTW.

Did you know the 3rd gen rx-7s were supposed to come with the 20b, 3 rotor, but it would have had more HP than the Cobra, so ford said 2 rotor!

I alwyas loved playing with my spiralgraph. God those things amazed me when I was young. I think it was actuly my mothers or uncles when they were a kid. The thing even had pins in it so you could pin the geared rings to the cardboard. Imagin the law suits if you put pins in a kids toy today.

sorry :thread20jacked8wq:

did you know there was a rotor vet?

I heard about it on 101 cars you must drive.... something like a 8 rotor 600hp mid engine beast with a whoppin 4mpgs in the 70's before the oil embargo

Edited by Sully

the thing i dont like about them is that they sound like a wet fart.

LOL!!! I'll take video tonight. The 12a with a Edelbrock spreadbore carb sounds exactly like that.

Speaking from experience, Rotaries are word! It is so easy to get 300hp out of a turbo rotary. The only wierd thing is the fact that it's only a 1.3liter motor. Oh, and also the fact they having spinning triangles and no valvetrain.

My FD dynoed at 277 rwhp @ ONLY 10 psi of boost. :hmm3grin2orange: It could easily have been over 300hp at maybe 12-13 psi of boost.