where to get body work supplies?

Mech

I'm going back to the states in 4 months or so, to pack up my tools so i can ship them. So while im in the states, I want to get everything i need, because they hardly have any thing here. And the stuff they do have, is like twice as expensive as in the states.

i want to start learning how to do my own body work, and painting.

So i would need things like:

-body working tools, hammers, dent pullers, blocks, sand paper etc.

-body fillers

-paint gun, primers

etc etc..

I have never bought bodywork/paint stuff. Are there stores that carry everything i need? Or does this stuff need to be ordered online?

thanx for the link joe. BTW....you have waaaay too many SQ's :eek1bluegreen: :hmm3grin2orange:

i see your looking for a RHD starion. How much is it worth it to you? Just curious. Maybe at some point in the future, if its possbile and not too expensive, i could export RHD starions from the UK, since im not far from there. Maybe it will never happen, maybe it will. Just a thought. ;)

Edited by Mech

RHD!!!!!!!!! i would sell all that i own and have one. i dont know if r88 was a color in the uk but. that would make my dream car and wet dream car!......

what kind of work are you doing? i may be able to point you in the right dircation as far as what fillers work best for what your workin on.

i havent started on a project yet. I was just asking because i thought i could get everything when i went to states, but i wasnt aware that companies like eastwood shipped overseas. But when i do start my project, im sure i will have plenty of questions :)

You looking for something like this joe?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-MITSUBISHI-STAR...id=p3286.c0.m14

whats the big deal about owning a RHD? To each his own, but it seems like its nothing special. plus it would be a pain to drive, not being able to see around cars and such.

rage products are ok(too much money for the quality of it).... but the 3M line is WAY better for lightweight, and USC duraglass is the bomb for heavy glass fiber filler...

keep in mind that youll be able to bring tools and sandpapers over, but i doubt the airport is gonna let you take any kind of body fillers on a passenger plane.. i really doubt that they will let you take primers and thinners on...

most times keep in mind that body shops have 2 prices... one price to walk in customers, and another to businesses.. if you are getting high prices just call the nearest hot rod shop, explain your situation, and see if they could help ya out!

josh