w58 or keep starion trans? + how much power on stock starion trans

Mech

going to be doing a 1uz engine swap...

looking at w58 supra trans....

but im thinking i might try to adapt the starion trans to the 1uz....if its even possible?

nice that they have complete swap kits for w58 to 1uz though....but expensive + cost of w58

don't even have the engine yet.....but just trying to plan things out....and currently there is a w58 on ebay

how much power can the starion trans hold?

Its the good old g54 with a hx40 billet eip race cannon and 30psi boost. I dont beat the car everyday but I dont baby it either. I have to place the clutch now but its bin long over due. Im amazed it didn't slip on the dyno. Ive have a whole box full go fast parts to put on yet. Hope to break 550-600whp this time around

I love to get my hands on a black rhd dash. And euro starion tails. But what I really want is a mitsubishi L200, just the cab. Its a 4dr mighty max. Bagged and bodied with a v8 or diesel to tow my conquest around to shows

Its the good old g54 with a hx40 billet eip race cannon and 30psi boost. I dont beat the car everyday but I dont baby it either. I have to place the clutch now but its bin long over due. Im amazed it didn't slip on the dyno. Ive have a whole box full go fast parts to put on yet. Hope to break 550-600whp this time around

I love to get my hands on a black rhd dash. And euro starion tails. But what I really want is a mitsubishi L200, just the cab. Its a 4dr mighty max. Bagged and bodied with a v8 or diesel to tow my conquest around to shows

i can get you the dash and tails....but its gonna be expensive to ship the dash.

let me know how serious you are about it...and i will seriously look into getting them for you.

Edited by Mech

looking closer at the starion trans today....looks like its not going to work. the bellhousing isnt detachable from the body like the supra trans...so i wouldnt be able to use 1uz auo bellhousing.....and there would have to be some sort of ridiculously large bellhousing adaptor