• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:30 AM

I can't believe how much these sensors have went up in price over the last couple years. I've searched for 2 hours at various places online for the MD069879 and it seems the cheapest around is still around 60 bucks. Has anyone had any luck out of any of the aftermarket sensors?  If so please share info...I know I bought one several years ago at a chain store and it didn't work from the min it was installed. I don't care to cough up the 60 bucks if it's a must, but if there are any non OEM sensors at a cheaper cost I'd like to keep the extra change in my pocket.
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, Clearwater NJV head w/ Mech. Lifters,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#2 kev

kev

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

I don't trust the aftermarket temperature sensors in general.  I recently bought an aftermarket coolant temperature switch (the one of the gauge) from rockauto.  It wasn't to the same calibration.  The needle red 3/4 while running at 180 degrees.   I ended up pulling it out and throwing in a used original.  

#3 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

I completely agree with you,but wasn't sure if a company had improved their aftermarket sensors in the last few years. It's hard to believe that the average rate of one of these is roughly 75 bucks. I found some for 60 and then a few places online asking 150 which blows my mind, but if you need it and can't find one anywhere you'll pay it to get your car running correctly
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, Clearwater NJV head w/ Mech. Lifters,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#4 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

Payed 65 bucks for the little one on the thermostat housing at mitsu in 2005.......(RIP) now its BMW..Good electric parts are hard to find.....To many are made in China now and have Poor Quality control.. Bought a new crank sensor for my jeep and it lasted 2 months ,got a new one lasted 3  months  .................went tp Pep Boys and payed 10 bucks more than autozone.and got one  .(still working now  )took the crank sencer  back to autozone and man told me that the sencers are cheap .......autozone brand (duralast ) pep boys brand(Borg warner )I try to stay with name brands now........

Edited by markhansenconquest, 14 April 2019 - 12:08 AM.

#5 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:00 PM

I agree most are out of range. One of these days we should do a little test on couple of brands and compare to the OEM range. Will have to test it for ohms from let's  just say  -10 deg to 230  and how fast that range drops from cold to normal operating temp. It really needs to be done so we can pick out what works best for stock application. Although  larger injectors pattern and fuel atomization play big role in cars performance on startup as well at full temp. I feel that on stock set up w aftermarket injectors  temperature sensor should be ranged for that particular application. Kind of like translator cheat w mass that basically tricks the ecu.

#6 jinx

jinx

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:45 AM

adjustable resistor (rheostat?) wired into the CTS terminals, was a 'hack' way back in the day

#7 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:16 PM

If u have the part # MB _ _ _ _ _ _ U can still by them new at Mitsu Dealer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users