I've found the Ark of the Covenant today...

Coke

As some of you may know....I acquired an ECI-Checker a couple years ago...with all of its attachments, plus the instruction manual. He had also delivered me a few parts catalogs for Conquest and Challenger. Talking to him last week, he had informed me that he had a whole closet full, in his hallway of his house, FULL of service literature for various Dodge and Chrysler models. This afternoon, I made a trip out to his house to rummage through his collection of books. This is what I came home with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Cokedoctor/2011-02-01150754.jpg

1984 Guide to Driveability Bulletins

1984-1986 Diagnosis Manual for Import Electronic Fuel Systems (in other words, the diagnosis manual for the ECI Checker)

1986 Technical Service Bulletins

1988 Technical Service Bulletins x 2

1984 Service Manual - Conquest

1984 Service Manual - Conquest - Supplement - 4 Speed Automatic Transmission

1985 Service Manual - Conquest

1985 Service Manual - Conquest - Supplement

1986 Import Service Manual - Conquest

1987 Import Service Manual - Conquest - Volume 1 - Engine, Chassis & Body

1987 Import Service Manual - Conquest - Volume 2 - Electrical, Heater & Air Conditioning

1987 Import Service Manual - Conquest - ECI-Turbo Driveability Troubleshooting

1988 Import Service Manual - Conquest - Volume 1 - Engine, Chassis & Body

1988 Import Service Manual - Conquest - Volume 2 - Electrical

1989 Import Service Manual - Conquest - Volume 1 - Engine, Chassis & Body

1989 Import Service Manual - Conquest - Volume 2 - Electrical

1984 Service Manual - Colt

1985 Service Manual - Colt

1985 Service Manual - Colt - Wiring Diagrams Supplement

1985 Service Manual - Colt Vista

1985 Service Manual - Colt Vista - Supplement

1986 Import Service Manual - Colt

If anybody has any questions...I'll do my best to look stuff up for them. I wish there was an easy way to PDF everything but I don't know of one. I'd LOVE to contribute to the community and digitalize this wealth of information if there was an easy way.

Justin

Going page by page, scanning each page will be a LOT of work. There is probably over 2000 pages of literature to scan. Too bad there is not a machine that can do it automatically.

Yep, cut the binding, get it three hole punched... then get a scanner with a document feeder... boom.

-Robert

I was just thinking the same thing + a few 3 ring binders from the dollar store and you would have those books better protected than they are now and they would be available for many users at the touch of a keyboard/mouse. Awesome find Justin.

BC_99

Hey guys just get Johnny 5 on the job!!

Hahahaha I love that movie.

I was just thinking the same thing + a few 3 ring binders from the dollar store and you would have those books better protected than they are now and they would be available for many users at the touch of a keyboard/mouse. Awesome find Justin.

BC_99

Yes you have a point. D_Venable has a couple manuals, in 3 Ring binder format, each page in protective sleeves.

i already have the manuals on my little usb drive that I got from Branson nationals

You only have the 86 and 88 manuals. I want to supply the community with the missing 1984, 1985, 1987, and 1989 manuals, along with other literature I have.

BUT if you don't want this stuff in PDF format, I won't waste my time. I'm sure the community will thank you. I don't have to do this...this is a favor for everyone. Don't ruin it for everyone.

Justin

Yeah, those are nice. I think Indiana has a lot of stuff digitized already too. Either that, or he whips out his scanner to answer a whole lot of specific questions on here all the time. A mountain of knowledge that guy is, and has!

I only have the '83 Starion, '84 Conquest, '85 Conquest, '87 Conquest (both volumes) hardcopies, and the '86 and'88 manuals on digital. I have the ECI manual too for the non-intercooled '84-'85 models mostly, but it really explains well the basic workings of all of our fuel and ignition controls.

And by the way, I think only certain Jewish authorities actually know where the real AOC is!

You'll get really burnt out on scanning all that stuff doing it on your own.

Go to a well outfitted reprographics shop and almost guaranteed you'll find someone that is into Japanese rockets

They can disassemble format copy and rebind your manuals professionally and they have machines that will copy your literature in one step scan format and copy to disk, a whole manual will take minutes instead of hours.

The only complaint I have on some pdf formatted documents is the publisher did not have them formatted with the search function.

!!! PLEASE HAVE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ENABLED !!!

1983 1985 1989 and the other technical guides are what you should prioritize to publish first,

Keep in mind to still be humble in your new found Knowledge and the sharing of it because they are still licensed intellectual property and still being published and sold by HELM INC.COM

I don't think Mitsubishi ever gave up the rights and still holds them to this day and helm purchased the rights to publish and distribute.

Although there might be a legal loop hole, since they are technically Chrysler publications which in my opinion are superior to Mitsubishi's manuals anyway.

Even with all that I've seen in your glutinous homage fromage (Fat Respected Treasure) you still are short some of the publications.

I for one would be hela interested in the Challenger Sapporo literature if you could copy and reproduce those manuals, why haven't you shared those yet ?

Remember http://www.starquestgarage.com/ ?

Yanos was very enthusiastic and highly motivated and possessed many of the same manuals,

but since the inception of his cataloging there are still only a few available...

It's a lot of work your talking about, and it will cut into your free time considerably if you do it alone.

You might want to get part time employment at a Reprograpics shop just to have it done on the side.

GOOD LUCK , Coke!

You only have the 86 and 88 manuals. I want to supply the community with the missing 1984, 1985, 1987, and 1989 manuals, along with other literature I have.

BUT if you don't want this stuff in PDF format, I won't waste my time. I'm sure the community will thank you. I don't have to do this...this is a favor for everyone. Don't ruin it for everyone.

Justin

jeez dude how can i ruin it for everyone im just one person dont let me stop you, and this is just me but why should I have a copy of a 84,85,86,87 when I dont even have a Starquest in those years, i guess i could use a

86 or 87 because of my bro in laws car but he will be going MPI so it really wont matter....sorry to waste bandwidth

You'll get really burnt out on scanning all that stuff doing it on your own.

Go to a well outfitted reprographics shop and almost guaranteed you'll find someone that is into Japanese rockets

They can disassemble format copy and rebind your manuals professionally and they have machines that will copy your literature in one step scan format and copy to disk, a whole manual will take minutes instead of hours.

The only complaint I have on some pdf formatted documents is the publisher did not have them formatted with the search function.

!!! PLEASE HAVE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ENABLED !!!

1983 1985 1989 and the other technical guides are what you should prioritize to publish first,

Keep in mind to still be humble in your new found Knowledge and the sharing of it because they are still licensed intellectual property and still being published and sold by HELM INC.COM

I don't think Mitsubishi ever gave up the rights and still holds them to this day and helm purchased the rights to publish and distribute.

Although there might be a legal loop hole, since they are technically Chrysler publications which in my opinion are superior to Mitsubishi's manuals anyway.

Even with all that I've seen in your glutinous homage fromage (Fat Respected Treasure) you still are short some of the publications.

I for one would be hela interested in the Challenger Sapporo literature if you could copy and reproduce those manuals, why haven't you shared those yet ?

Remember http://www.starquestgarage.com/ ?

Yanos was very enthusiastic and highly motivated and possessed many of the same manuals,

but since the inception of his cataloging there are still only a few available...

It's a lot of work your talking about, and it will cut into your free time considerably if you do it alone.

You might want to get part time employment at a Reprograpics shop just to have it done on the side.

GOOD LUCK , Coke!

I don't have any 1983 manuals, as these are Dodge books and the Conquest wasn't released until 1984. I did check into having Blue Leaf do all of the work for me...but it would require them to 'destruct' the books. I'd rather not do that. I also read somewhere, it is 100% legal and safe to have this procedure done.

If it does come down to this...I know how this forum reacts to donations from bad experiences in the past, but I would need to ask for some assistance in funding the conversion. Blue Leaf is cheap and reasonable, but when you tally up everything that will be converted, it would be a conservative estimate that it would cost over $1000.00 when it's all said and done. I don't have that kind of money to personally dish out for something like this.

http://blueleaf-book-scanning.com/

Also something I did not mention in the first post, is my cousin also STILL HAS in his closet Ram 50 manuals, Challenger, Sapporo, Arrow, and various other Pre-DSM (and some early Laser/Talon) books as well. I said he could hang onto those until I find a demand for the information, and figure out what I'm going to do with it all.

Justin

Edited by Coke