PHCV clutch setup

ahp171

Just looking at OEM style clutches for my 88 quest, I don't want to mod the car power wise, its too nice. Anyone already try this PHCV clutch setup on eBay who claims to be the OE manufacturer for a bunch of brands?

Any other opinions on a good replacement clutch? I know I can get an ACT for a bit over $300, but was just looking for something a bit more affordable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-89-CONQUEST-Tsi-STARION-DODGE-PHCV-NEW-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQitemZ110480228504QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b9228098#ht_785wt_1019

if you are just looking for a stock replacement just go to your local auto parts store and get a remanned unit

Yea I know Napa and such list kits for about $180. Just seeing if anyone had tried this brand yet and had some feedback.

ive had very good luck with XTD clutchs from ebay for the 240mm flywheel. I have a sprung 6puck with ALOT of abuse on from then and it was 190 shipped to my door.. it doesnt slip, feels stock, doesnt chatter at all. Great clutch, ive also had good luck running other XTD clutchs in various cars.

Id suggest getting somthing stronger than stock even if you have very few mods, ive had nothing but bad luck beating on stock clutchs with a stock car.

ive had very good luck with XTD clutchs from ebay for the 240mm flywheel. I have a sprung 6puck with ALOT of abuse on from then and it was 190 shipped to my door.. it doesnt slip, feels stock, doesnt chatter at all. Great clutch, ive also had good luck running other XTD clutchs in various cars.

Id suggest getting somthing stronger than stock even if you have very few mods, ive had nothing but bad luck beating on stock clutchs with a stock car.

Cool thanks for the post. I was searching on some other forums and guys were complaining and posting pictures of the full disks on those XTD clutches breaking apart, so I was weary of them. I am sure they are just a China part though, so its hit or miss on the quality.

I suppose that's cheap for a stock clutch. All they did was put it in a private label box, its the same parts inside that many other "brands" sell. Unless you hear something about a clutch that is bad in HERE don't pay any attention what some Honda boy says maybe they put it in backwards or are just stupid and let their foot slip sideways off the pedal so they can make their no torque motor spin one tire briefly.