Vid: 731RWHP Mach 1 E85 Dyno Pull

jtmuncher

Just back up for my sig. Have since then put in a smaller sc pulley and am now running about 21psi and more than likely closer to 800rwhp.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/leche1103/IMG_6461_zps456bba7f.jpg Edited by jtmuncher

Nice. Isn't 11.x AFR too rich? I haven't thought about it for a long time, but I thought 12.5 was a good AFR for boosted engines. You might get power from leaning it out in some areas. Mid RPMs looked super rich like 10:1. I know it could have something to do with tip-in, but if that's the case, the run should be started lower in the RPMs.

That strike through the text means it's wrong. oops.

Edited by Technology

Funny you mention that. I have a more aggressive tune that's been sitting on my desktop for a year now. At this point it's not needed IMO. This is plenty of power for the street (darn near too much). Although this is a fairly safe tune, 12.0 + is bit too lean for most boosted cobras. During the tuning process, I saw 12.5 and up to 13.0 and was instructed to lift if I saw anything above 12. I need to add a roll cage and maybe try out the Texas mile. Thanks

nice man, ive got the whole drivetrain from a terminator sitting in my garage waiting to go into my 68 coupe! The only issues is i got into these things called motorcycles and they've distracted me from my main project. Car looks super clean, really miss my 03.

You may be referring to the 4 valve factory head issue. If so u r right, ford had an issue with this on the exhaust side of the stock heads. I'm not saying it can't happen, but my heads are far from factory. On the viper shaft, I've looked into them before. That's something I'll consider when the need arises.

You're in TX...let me take you for a ride and see if you dont retract that last statement. Haha, everyone has their opinions. My clutch is already getting ready to let go. I will never purchase anything from Spec again. I'm going with a McLoed twin disc next time.

Well I live about 5hrs north but coming down for this http://www.dragmaniamusicfest.com/

Should be there all weekend. Bring the Mach, I have some buddies comin with that are modular foosl. In a good way. Anyway, they are pretty good with SCT

One has an Aviator 4v in a notch that runs 9's with a 5speed. Other guy has a mid 10 sec KB Lightning

Somehow the majority of my car buddies are ford guys.

Edited by Funky Phil

They are riding down with me. Itll just be my car.

He's running Full built T45 from www.theT45source.com. And a spec 3 clutch. If you go to thier website, the pic under customer service. He has the DSG fox. It pulls tire in 1st and 2nd. It makes 530whp on a 100shot.

The red Mach 1 is one he did the tuning on. Its procharged. Currently maxxing out twin 255's even with a BAP.

Phil... I know it could go either way, but I'm "assuming" these are street cars, driven pretty much alot of the time? Nice #'s, especially in the 5spd, as 530whp even w/ 100 shot is awefully impressive #'s in the 9's. Kudos to the group!

Street "able" cars yes. hahaha. You got take power/weight into account.

So whats up JT?? You said you were gonna change my mind. I guess that was before you realized it was a possibility? hahaha

Edited by Funky Phil
  • Like 1

Btw, I'll still take u for a ride. We can open it up on 10e to see what it'll do. Bring a camera. Hell ill let u drive it too. As for the Procharged Mach, before the whipple I had a Procharger on mine running 11psi it made 487 to the wheels on the stock motor. I miss that pc sound. Nothing like it.

s*** I got another guy up hear with a procharged '13 Boss puttin down 770whp and another buddy with a 750whp '10 shelby. I dont know why the heck all these mustang owners live in this little town. But......they do.

Btw, on 24psi I was runnin door to door with that Boss. ;)

Thanks for the offer, but I dont do ridealongs.

Edited by Funky Phil

You telling me your quest hung with a boss putting down near 800whp? I need to see some vids of that..or any that you might have. You should bring them dudes down with you. I'll have Archie show up in his twin turbo mach 1 (never dyno'd) but makes my car look slow...Nick just put down somewhere close to 1500rwhp in his red cobra. Where are all these cars when its ford vs chevy night...? btw, what intercooler is that in your sig? custom? I wonder if that would work with the 2jz swap and the radiator being in front of it.

Let me clarify, Me and the Boss were door-to-door going from a dig. Not retarded roll racing. Im sure a third gear roll would be a different story.

Both the Boss and GT500 are stong long block bolt-on cars. Well were. Hahaha. Some livernois action in work. That Boss actually popped his engine 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, all the street cars up here are 800whp neighborhood. Well, beside me hahaha. But most are stick cars.

The intercooler is from Extreme Turbo Systems. Its actually an FD RX7 design.