OD Band

Lizzord30

Just wondering why Never heard much about adjust the OD band? Seams could be something needs to be done alot more often then most do.... I have my trans apart now and going to do the adjustment and clean it up before reinstalling it (the tans work just makeing sure its all good while the engine is out). Needed To fix/replace the Tranns mount and the U joints, and the lines where leaking some also so good time to make sure everything looks good.

I am curious if it was out of adjustment? It seams the OD would be less likely to hold well with it out of adjustment, and I think it may be why so many people have problems with OD not holding power. Either way their are 2 bands and both should be adjusted some times (when changing fluid). OD band and 2nd gear Band. Seams a little weird how the trans is setup, pretty much like the OD is just bolted on between the trans and then bell housing LOL.

the OD has the band, but the band on;y holds the drum so that the clutch pack can activate the planetary gear. if you tighten the band and the clutch pack inside is worn out it still won't work. and yes you can go back to a 3 speed, but why would you?

OD band worn, and Clutch drum worn down seams both could have at lest a little helped from adjusting the bands on a more regular bases. Not that adjusting it if its warn already will help, but still i think should be adjusted more often then most people do it(which is most likely never).