Just got off dyno....

BlueCook

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t308/Bluecook/scan0001.jpg

My rpm guage must be off because in the car i only turned 6300 both times...

Dynocom dyno

O and 16psi first run 18psi second

Mod List:

Exhaust side:

Garrett GT3071R .63ar exhaust

Chad's Equal length tubular exhaust manifold

full 3 inch exhaust

Tial Wastegate dumped

Head:

Custom Snyder cam

oversized valves

port matching to exhaust and intake(no head porting)

ARP head studs

Block:

.30 over

Wesco Pistons

"Dad" Race prepped rods

Completely Balanced rotating assembly

Blueprinted by myself and my dad

Completely stock intake manifold and throttle body

850 and 1050 injectors

Aeromotive FPR

walbro fuel pump 255

MAFT with Gm mass(custom run piping down into the bottom corner of the radiator support)

*DM full 2 1/4 hardpipes

stock intercooler

HKS BOV

I think thats it... chime in dad!

Edited by BlueCook

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good steady numbers.... especialy for a TBI. stock throttle body? whatcha using for tuning?

weird how your graph starts at like 3k RPM forward

Stock intake manifold and throttle body, MAFT with 3 inch mass and thats it.

We didnt start the dyno until 3k rpms.

This thing has a custom ground cam from Snyder, some head work with port matching, MATranslater with alot of sleepless nights, tuning and blood sweat and tears. We struggled with cam problems but when we got Snyder to fix the issues we had and got it timed correct it lit up. I think we can do better with larger injectors. Now the clutch is beginning to say, OK that is all I can hold!!!

Jimmy hate we are not going to make the meet, just not in the cards right now. I would love to run it myself a time or two. It is a trip to drive. Just under normal driving conditions with the boost around 10 psi (so the clutch will last a little while longer) it is still very powerful. But until we get a clutch and a few little thing finished, this thing has no business on the track racing.

Good stuff guys! Any idea how the AFR's were on those pulls? Just curious w/ that injector combo.

Thanks

Damon

AFR's were 11.1-1 till about 5600 rpms then creeped up to about 12.3-1 at let off, 46 lbs of fuel pressure at idle.

bottem end stock or forged?

Forged wesco's "dads" race prepped rods, stock crank, everything balanced and blueprinted. Im not sure on the compression ratio my dad(RGAV8R) will have to answer that one.

I had my maft setup the same way, but was just way to rich when I let off the gas. Everyone kept saying Its because the bob was releasing all the metered air. How did you get around that. What do you have your plugs gapped to. I was at the dyno yesterday and my a/f were all over the place. What should I have my timing at?

Gee so many questions.

This thing has a custom ground cam from Snyder, some head work with port matching, MATranslater with alot of sleepless nights, tuning and blood sweat and tears. We struggled with cam problems but when we got Snyder to fix the issues we had and got it timed correct it lit up.

Great numbers. Can you elaborate on the cam and how much it had to be degreed. I like the way it keeps pulling up top. What boost and fuel octane?

Thanks, John

Edited by StarquestRescue

I had my maft setup the same way, but was just way to rich when I let off the gas. Everyone kept saying Its because the bob was releasing all the metered air. How did you get around that. What do you have your plugs gapped to. I was at the dyno yesterday and my a/f were all over the place. What should I have my timing at?

Gee so many questions.

Not sure never had that problem, are you sure the mass is good? My dad will have to chime in on the timing, if he doesn't i will ask him. Same with the plugs we are running some sort of 3 prong Rx-7 plug.

Great numbers. Can you elaborate on the cam and how much it had to be degreed. I like the way it keeps pulling up top. What boost and fuel octane?

Thanks, John

Again dad did the cam and timing I have no clue on that part of the car. Boost levels were 16 psi on the first run and 18 psi on the second run on 93 octane.

WOW!

It supprized the crap out of me as well. I was expecting like low 300, guy runing the dyno was like "holy crap". Now he wants to buy a starquest and build it!