safc2 question

redTSI99

Ok bare with me while I try to describe what is going on.

I recently installed an safc2 on my 89 quest tsi following the diagram in the faq section.

the safc2 is working properly and you can tell that its making adjustments to the system, but my question is when you first turn the system on you have to choose what car type you have which I have done that also must choose what sensor type you are using..

the 4 choices are hotwire..pressure..flap..and karmen..I have installed one of the safc2 on a talon before and the setting that I was told to choose was karmen..when choosing karmen on the conquest the idle becomes erratic and misses like crazy even worse when driving the car..but with this setting the boost gauge on the car works fine..

when choosing flap the cars smoothes out in idle, but still dosent run great..but the factory boost gauge almost seems to go in reverse..is there something im missing..maybe a wire in the wrong place..also the diagram showed an 02 sensor mod..I put the wire where it said it should go, but not really sure what 02 mod it was talking about ....any help would be great

Karmen is the correct setting. Recheck the wiring. Did you zero out any old tune setting or initialize (resets unit.) does the car run ok if you bypass the afc with the mas signal (org and pink)? Is it reading rpm and hz. I think there is a menu to view that.

I think I may have found my problem ..my pink and orange wires were together..instead of slpicing the mas line into I just cut a slit in the wire and wired both the pink and orange together...stupid me haha..but I do need to clear any old settings out of the unit and go from there