Highly Boosted

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Interests:GOD racing and BIG turbos

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (JessN16)
There are some people who've put up really big numbers with the g54b. The question is whether you can do it and have a streetable car. I'd like to get 300+ hp out of mine but I also want it to run more often than it sits.

Jess

whatever do you mean, starquest never brake down :?      LOL  thats ture on any note, 500hp out of any 4 cyl is not going to be streetable 365 days a year.  The more you wanta play the more you gota $PAY$
No Jesus No Peace, Know Jesus Know Peace                                                               2JZGTE single turbo soon to be 600WHP    griffen rad,AGX adj struts, chrome cobra R's 83 hood, ACT clutch,A1000 pump, poly everything ect, NOS and much much more

#42 JessN16

JessN16

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Highly Boosted)
QUOTE (JessN16)
There are some people who've put up really big numbers with the g54b. The question is whether you can do it and have a streetable car. I'd like to get 300+ hp out of mine but I also want it to run more often than it sits.

Jess

whatever do you mean, starquest never brake down :?      LOL  thats ture on any note, 500hp out of any 4 cyl is not going to be streetable 365 days a year.  The more you wanta play the more you gota $PAY$

Yeah, and my problem is one of my cars is a daily driver and the other is the backup car for both me and my wife. I can't afford to do anything to either right now that's going to put reliability in jeopardy. But as to whether the g54b can put up major numbers (like 500 and above), I just wanted to say it's possible.

Jess
Current denizens of the garage:
'88 Conquest TSi
'10 Jaguar XF Premium Portfolio
'89 Jaguar XJS V12
'87 Jaguar XJ6
---
In the rearview mirror:
'87 Starion (black), '88 Conquest TSi (black), '88 Conquest TSi (Durban), '88 Jaguar XJS V12, '76 Jaguar XJ12L, '88 Jaguar XJ6 VDP, '99 Jaguar XJ8, '98 Jaguar XK8, '03 Jaguar S-Type, '85 Jaguar XJ6 '88 Galant Sigma, '90 Ford Taurus SHO, '75 Bricklin SV-1, '97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

SQCBannerSig2

#43 cashsaudio

cashsaudio

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Interests:It wasn't me!!!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Boosted_One)
QUOTE (Minagera)
What about the NSX motor?

Umm... why??

What about a VR4 3.0 or Buick 3.8L before that?? smile.gif

Well after reading this. I read up alot about the nsx mtor and it will tear the s*** outta the VR4 big time in any modifcations and as for the buick 3.8 if you stroked out the nsx to 3.8 then nsx will take the buick easily. If I have extra cash I would swap a NSX motor in any day. The head flows over 300cfm out of the box without any port and polishing. I saw a guy pushing 800RWHP on 93octane with mild tuning. And best of all its the most reliable motors have. Unlike these g54b or DSM laugh.gif (reason I say dsm there's a bunch around by me and always have problems with them even a guy that runs mid 10's with his and it always breaks lmao)
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

#44 cashsaudio

cashsaudio

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Interests:It wasn't me!!!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Highly Boosted)
QUOTE (JessN16)

Jess

Mine would of held up fine if the damn computer's wern't screwing up on me lol
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

#45 Fanta

Fanta

StarQuest Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:27 AM

I giggle at people who think a fwd car is slow even if its modded

#46 button

button

Rest dummy with dial indicator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:26 AM

i seem to giggle when fanta makes a statement   laugh.gif

oh and nice honda motor, whats managing that 500hp beast? oh, and dont put it near the starquest.
-Jay

#47 92 TSi AWD

92 TSi AWD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:4G63 Swaps
  • Model:Starion

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:09 AM

wow all the FWD haters in here, lol.  anyone into the turbo colt GT's?  (89-92 style) they are fun little cars.  i just picked up a colt to put a 4G63 into and even with a stock 4G motor im sure it will take down alot of other cars on the road

#48 blindsey

blindsey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:43 PM

saying that fwd drive cant make power or go fast is just plain dumb. thats where my car journey began, twas with a 90 crx, turboed pile of s*** and for under 2k was doing high 12's and still getting 28mpg. do that in a quest. im not hating, this is my secound quest. i just hate when people are so close minded. oh also my opinion is the g54 is a pile. thats why im going 4g63. much more aftermarket support. much easier to fix. and no shitty tbi to deal with. smile.gif just my .02

#49 drifter87

drifter87

Legitimately Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Interests:My kids, my starion, video games, and snowboarding.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Boosted_One)
QUOTE (Indiana)
how about a starion motor in a honda then?

Hmm what do you guys think??

I think that's OK.

[-X  No that's a bad idea, keep the starions together! you can bet your house that we'll be getting plenty of hondas in the future. Starions/Conquests?  Nope! not in production, keep as many as we can spoolin!!!!! :twisted:
Brand new Jasper engine, new turbo, trilogy injectors, D2 coilovers, and in bad need of a paint job!
Posted Image

#50 92 TSi AWD

92 TSi AWD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:4G63 Swaps

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:59 AM

im sure you've all heard of/seen pictures of the many 5th gen (92-95) civic hatchbacks running around with 4G63's in them.

#51 blindsey

blindsey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:53 AM

yeah there is a reason why they swapped a 4g63. its a good motor. the g54b is a terrible motor. that would be pointless to put that motor in a honda.

#52 Truth

Truth

Incredibly Sexy Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,319 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Women, Music, Food

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

it's not that it's a terrible motor, it just doesn't have the aftermarket support that all the other motors have.
-A.J.
2004 Honda S2000

#53 ls1rx7

ls1rx7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

sorry but i would love to have my friends s2k motor it makes lil over 600hp check it out in modified mag march issue, if i get banned for sayin it oh well!!

#54 ESIrType?

ESIrType?

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:Cheese, sloth fighting and bigfoot!

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (artinist)
btw, BMW swaps must be banned too.

Of couorse  :? We don't want to put a fine crafted German engine in our Jap cars.  :wink:
I sure enjoy the M52 tucked under my hood. I really like what BMW has done with their engines. I haven't had any trouble with mine and it's been a great daily drive for the almost year I've owned the car.
Now what about the BMW s70/2 engine, which hides under a McLaren F1's lid?

What about an Acura engine, does this count?

Shawn
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#55 Low White N Boosted

Low White N Boosted

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:girls, guitar, cars, snowboarding, skateboarding, photography, cars, girls

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Boosted_One)
If you swap a Honda motor in your Starion will get banned from here.

Thanks!

AAHHAHAHAHHAHAH biggrin.gif

hks exhaust/2.5 KDM downpipe, 2 1/4 alum. hardpipes, rebuilt motor, corbeau seats, short shifter, griffen rad, 1g MAS + 3" alum. AHP, tokiko blues + ST, 2 10" subs 1000w amp for subs, 250x4 w amp for polks

#56 Alcyone

Alcyone

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

I'm about to put a lawn mower engine in it..  (it's a honda)

#57 Loye

Loye

wt.... is my avatar?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:41 AM

lmao  
Best Sticky Ever

#58 Alcyone

Alcyone

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

how come engines are never called anything cool like

"dominator"
"punisher"

it's always this alphabet soup stuff

4age
ez30
ej25
b16a
oh and b16b (appazrently the b16a and b16 b are really different)

I have a couple of buddies who just spout alphabet engine names all the time and I just get lost  ("what's that one from again?")

#59 GCNTSi

GCNTSi

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

SO would I be banned if I put a S2K 6 speed transmission in my SQ? Mated to the 26. It looks like it wouldn't be too hard to make it work.

-GCN.
88 White StarQuest TSi
ForgedJE, AJUSA HG, All ARP, Ported/Polished Head, 1GMass, 05H 18G, 2.5"Exhaust, Unorthdox Pulley, Hard Pipes, Walbro255, RC Injectors, Adjustable FPR, Factory ECU/TB :(

Keep it Shinny Side Up!

-GCNTSi.

#60 Bigfrog_12069

Bigfrog_12069

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Electronics to cars and everything in between!!!

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

What about a audi motor. I drove a A4 2.0T FSI, very toqurey car. FSI very big. I mean diesels have been using it for ever. Then comes the new vetts with solenoid valves. The tuning is going to be going through the roof. Then you get varible geometry turbos. The world is changing I think we should too. I mean I have only had this starion for alittle while dont get me wrong I love it. I used to be only american muscle and I wasnt a big dragracer straight line guy. I would like to autocross or even ralley one day. But we should respect what other ppl can put down with number. I'm not a big honda fan. Its the damn ricers that give every one a bad name. Thank god there is on starquests. I know some one that owns a MR2 thinks its the s***, 7g's in the body and paint. Thinks arrowdynamics is the key. Ya if your car can go fast enough to use it. But just my opion.
Posted Image
1986 Starion Going MPI Very soon
1982 Chevy K10 Lifted Fixed
1976 Camaro Full Restoration
1996 Starun SC1 Broke again
1975 Z1-B restorin
1989 Conquest Waiting
1976 K5 Blazer awaiting 383 stroker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users