#21 cheesey

cheesey

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 14 October 2020 - 07:13 PM

So sorry to hear about the circumstances. Very sad. Engine Machine Service was my go to when looking for parts to get my Quest running.

#22 Dad

Dad

Advanced Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts
  • Interests:One stock and one not!
    87 White Quest
    87 Shetland
    83 Starion- Chevy powered

Posted 14 October 2020 - 07:32 PM

View Postcheesey, on 14 October 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

So sorry to hear about the circumstances. Very sad. Engine Machine Service was my go to when looking for parts to get my Quest running.

Hope to get parts running once again, have to get past this first

#23 JSwan

JSwan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:33 PM

Man, I just saw this and i'm so sad to hear this for Randy and our SQ community.  Stay strong Randy and Diane on your next endeavor and keep us posted.
1989 TSI SHP - Upgrades: Marnal NJV Head, Ported/Polished/Gasket Matched, SS OS Valves, Schneider HD Springs, 14G TD05H, 1GMAS, Trilogy Injectors, Trilogy FPR, Custom Header by Chad, BS Removal, 2.5" TEP Downpipe/B-Pipe/HKS Exhaust (no cats oops)/4"Tip, *DM/101 Hardpipes, HKS Type BOV, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SS Fuel Lines, BOSCH Red Coil, S&M Strut Bar, Poly Bushings, Polk Audio/Sherwood AMP/w/8" Sub, and Polished SHP Rims.  Working on Custom Interior, Brake Upgrades and Always on the Look for Hood Mods Including 83, Cowl, or Firebird Type.

#24 Fuze

Fuze

IG @battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing
  • Model:Starion

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:19 PM

Yeah this sucks. I still have a fully built head from 10+ years ago DAD built and was never able to break it. The well is drying up for the old G54BT, and machine shops in general, especially good ones are getting scarce.

I wish you luck Randy, hoping you land squarely on your feet and move forward. Stay positive.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#25 Edde

Edde

Still Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,133 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:34 PM

Dayum, sorry to hear about this Randy.
Posted Image

#26 pure_insanity

pure_insanity

comfotably content

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:32 PM

Wow, this is a shock.
I dont know what to say.
The best I can offer is that you e still got the sq family and you need to come back to p.f.  I may not have made it there myself in a few years but you and the family are some of those people I always looked forward to seeing.
Take care, and I hope the best.
some good mpi info that may help someone.
mpi stuff

life is like a roll of toilet paper. the closer you get to the end-the faster it goes.

#27 Jonathan

Jonathan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 23 December 2020 - 11:01 AM

Amazing what people are doing during this pandemic. Its hard enough, but the love of money is the root of all evil. (Do love money, but not enough to close someones business)

You still have my business Dad.
Jonathan

#28 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...

Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:10 PM

Dad, good to hear your going to keep selling parts.
Thank you!!!
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#29 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Starions

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:39 AM

This is such sad news. Randy, I hope you land on your feet after all this and come out stronger. Such a massive blow to the community and your livelihood.
www.sweetfrostings.com.au

#30 Tim_C.

Tim_C.

Addicted Starquester

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,140 posts
  • Interests:Serving Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

Sorry that this is happening to you Randy.

On top of that, those new owners don't seem to realize what a blessing having a built-in tenant is. I doubt they will get a fast taker of that space. Sounds a bit fishy too, Like they really want to use the space for something else. Guy needs to have a reason to tell his wife why no one is in there, like "they didn't want to pay", etc.... I just think it is total BS that they would come in with an increase for the first conversation. New owners who know what they're doing, will get a better feel for the situation before they spring that on the tenant.
I just know several small businesses who are considering closing due to the slower trend over the last 10 months. Lots of closures too with lots of spaces to rent.
Nothing seems right about what they did to you. Not in your best interest or theirs.
It is getting harder to find good machinists too, if it wasn't already. Less racers because no one can afford it any more it seems. Machine shops closing everywhere. Farmers seem to be one of the few who are benefiting and they are buying new tractors instead of rebuilding their old ones, etc... Those seem to be a big chunk of the machine shop customers. Racers, farmers, fleet trucks, etc..
My friend's alternator and starter repair shop is busy, but costs are increasing. He is working harder to stay in business for sure.
'87TSi .510Roller Cam, JE Forged, TS Rings & plateau honed walls, lightened rods, race prepped crank, mains line honed, balanced, 17C, 3"EX, 2"HardPipes, AlFly, rrfpr, 88trans, 3.90's w/posi plate mods, polyBushings, STSprings, KYBStruts, Camber Plates, CustomAlternator
Traded for new set of tires for my wife's Buick: '87 TSI Gold that needs just about all steering and suspension parts replaced, injectors, a new transmission, clutch, and various electrical gremlins. New owner is a mechanic who is already driving it. I couldn't stand letting it sit any more!
'86 ESiR - OEM Roller Cam, Wiseco Forged 8:1 Pistons, Chad's equal length header, TEP T3/T4 turbo, ACT HD clutch, Fidanza Fly, custom 3" exhaust, 3 core oversized radiator, O-ringed block, AJUSA metal shim head gasket, Dawes Device boost controller
'85 Plymouth Conquest Auto , Wiseco 8:1, super light pins, shaved rods, hi-torque cam, 2.5 Exhaust
'84 Dodge Conquest Parts car
'83 Starion - Gutted stock exhaust with '87 TSi muffler, New engine with: BS Elim,forged Wisecos,balanced,Schneider274H,marnal w/oversized stainless valves
'83 Cannonball Run II Jackie Chan car, Basic ring and bearing job w/less than 6K original miles on body, steering, suspension, & rear end, Lightened stock fly, BS Elim, Walbro 255LPH FP, NEW Clearwater head with all new parts, intercooled, 14G turbo, 2750 car weight
'96 Mitsu Mirage w/rebuilt head. Gets 35+MPG.
'87 Dodge Ram50 4WD Rebuilt engine, fresh stock head, Weber carbed, BS elim. Runs great now!
'97 Buick Ultra (supercharged Park Avenue)

#31 Rich Is Poor

Rich Is Poor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:55 PM

I'm know I'm new here but I was bummed to hear this since even I know how helpful Randy has been to this community, just from reading older posts.  I hope everything works out for you, and if you do ever continue me and my 89' will be looking forward to doing business with you!

Edited by Rich Is Poor, 05 February 2021 - 10:59 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users