• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brianpaul98

brianpaul98

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Dirt Bike Riding, Video Games and Spending Time With My Family and Friends.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I had a member message me a few weeks ago about making him a fuel feed line and generally I modify the upper fuel rail by installing a fitting so the fuel feed line can be attached. He told me he has an adapter that he bought off e-bay that bolts onto the fuel rail inlet and it takes an 1/8" NPT to -6AN male adapter fitting. I was all ready to make this line for him until I realized that I use a 3/8 NPT to -6 AN adapter fitting on my fuel line kits. Upon further investigation I realized that by using this ebay adapter with an 1/8" NPT adapter fitting it would be restricting the fuel flow because the 1/8" adapter has a hole size of about 0.187" or 3/16" and the 3/8" adapter I use measures around a 0.290" hole size which is very close to 5/16" (0.312") but considerably larger diameter than the 1/8" NPT adapter fitting. The fuel filter adapter fitting I use is also slightly larger than 1/4" (0.260"). So by using the ebay adapter plate it does allow you to easily install an aftermarket steel braided line BUT you are sacrificing a significant amount of fuel flow by using it.

With that said if you have a bone stock engine running stock boost and you have a leaking fuel line this adapter would be the easiest way to fix the problem. On the other hand if you are heading toward a performance build you may want to think it over before using this adapter plate because although it makes things easier and looks pretty your getting less fuel to your engine than you would with the stock fuel line in place.

Link to the adapter plate :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253165385700

Hope this helps.
------------------------------------------------------
If its not broke, tear it apart and make it go faster!!!
----------------
Brian Arnone
Lower Shores Performance
lower.shores.performance@gmail.com
New Jersey, USA

#2 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,537 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

Good to see you around Brian.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#3 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

Dont be a stranger
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#4 techboy

techboy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,016 posts
  • Interests:80's & 90's turbo charged cars.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the information and the warning.

Edited by techboy, 10 April 2018 - 10:44 PM.

1988 Starion ESi-R ... crushed by a tree 10/31/11 - back from the dead 8/2016
1988 Conquest TSi ... current driver - sold to Bigjoe 6/2016
1987 Conquest Flatty ... F/S thread - sold 8/2014
1987 Conquest TSi ... parts car - sold to Coldscrip 12/2011
1999 Eclipse 4G63 ... heavily modified.
Feeback Thread | Motor rebuild thread | Restoration thread

Posted Image

#5 shadow89

shadow89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for post this Brian. Mk1 did refund me for that adapter. You saved me from a serious lean condition down the road.

#6 brianpaul98

brianpaul98

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Dirt Bike Riding, Video Games and Spending Time With My Family and Friends.

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I've been sort of non existent lately but my new job has me on the overnight shift so I've been trying to get as much sleep possible. I'm glad this post is helping people out, these cars have enough issues to begin with there is really no need to be causing more by a poorly design part.
------------------------------------------------------
If its not broke, tear it apart and make it go faster!!!
----------------
Brian Arnone
Lower Shores Performance
lower.shores.performance@gmail.com
New Jersey, USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users