interchangeable suspension?

CarlosFley

Hey guys, do any of you happen to know what other cars, if any, share a similar suspension lay out as ours, so that if they make a kit for that certain car it can be used on ours with some modification, or none if possible? Thanks.

You might as well just try and source some D2's if your looking coil overs or the sleve overs if they are still floating around. Nothing else is really close enough.

You could also do custom coils, or air ride too.

Yeah the reason I'm asking is for air ride. I see they have it for DSM's and some even Galants, so if that can be modded to use with our cars I'd jump right in. In the meantime I might opt for D2's in the GP but I really wanted to go air. Who knows, maybe I'll stick with D2's.

Yeah the reason I'm asking is for air ride. I see they have it for DSM's and some even Galants, so if that can be modded to use with our cars I'd jump right in. In the meantime I might opt for D2's in the GP but I really wanted to go air. Who knows, maybe I'll stick with D2's.

If you really want to go air DO IT...... the bolt in air kits are stupid anyways. They are way to much money and 90% of the time your going to have to do fab work and notch stuff, mod mount points ECT if you really want her to lay out. So might as well just get some good shocks, and make mount points for your shocks and cups for bags. Or go with a bag over strut and make one mount and call it a day.

• 5 weeks later...

Front suspension from an S13 nissan or an FC RX-7 can be made to work on the front of a Starion. You need to do some homework first but it's do-able. The nissan LCA is very similar, the Mazda ball joint can fit the Starion LCA with a little modding. The upside is way more brake options and suspension options.

I'll be swapping in a pair of Mazda RX7 front uprights with rotor and their OEM four piston calipers made by Brembo soon, the tie rod ends are the same size and the ball joint bolts to a modded stock LCA. I am using the Mazda's D2 lower strut mount with the Starion D2's. When I do it I'll make a tutorial.