Starion vs S2000

Fanta

( for those who know these locations )

I was at the interseciotn of Lawrenceville Suwanee Road and 120/Duluth Highway, on the other side was a red S2000 about to make a U-turn. Well turns out when I went across the intersection and my BOV sang its song, it caught his attention ( he never knew they were turbocharged so he was curious )

A few miles up the road I see the S2000 coming up. I was going to turn off at the next light but it went yellow and we would be side by side so I was curious. Pulled up to me and we talked right quick and he asked me to floor it, so I did - 1/4 mile down the road he motions if I want to run, so sure! We both get into 3rd, he counts down and we punch it. I pull a car length on him and we both shift into 4th. Then I hear a BWAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHH and the S2000 disappears....

Turns out it has a Novi 1000 Supercharger @ 5.5psi with supporting mods, with a dynosheet @ 356whp <_< Still though, he was really surprised at how well my car took off ^_^

I have no shame at all. He didn't think our cars were turbocharged from the factory ( when he heard my BOV he thought I might have had an SR20DET or even a 2JZ - when I told him nope and popped the hood he seems a bit perplexed ). His first comment was " heh, its a 4 cylinder... and thats a really small turbo..." So I gave him a run down on how its a 2.6L G54B, same engine you could find in a Might Max/D50, only turbocharged. Stock turbo bumped up to 12psi, with a fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch, 2.5" exhaust and stock sized hard pipes. It was after that I found out that his S2000 was also boosted. He had his BOV recirculated ( since I hooked up my oil seperator stuff I can't :( ) and his IC was mounted so that you would have to literally look through the front grill from 5ft away to spot it. Total sleeper. It was fun to actually race something worth racing :D

Whenever someone asks me about the 2.6 I tell them it's the same engine used in a lot of fork lifts. Then I ask them how it feels to have been beaten by a fork lift.

I actually do have a 2.6L Mitsubishi fork lift out in the warehouse.