the ol girl vs lexus is250

mr.12a

1987 starion vs 2007 lexus is250-well this morning i was heading to church and a change of plans were made with the girlfriend, so i was on my way home and come to a stop light to turn a left ,i notice the lexus in front of me(since its the only new school car ive actually wanted to own,so im admiring the car) but dont think nothing of it.and just to add since ive had this car i havent raced it since it needed lots of tlc rusted tank,bad fuel pump,low compression,cluth,broken wastegate,brakes literrally gone,etc..so what im trying to say is ive been dying to see what my baby can do since ive put so much work into her lets just say she carries my wallet around for me :/ lol..well light turns green im a lil pissed so instead of changing gears before 2.5 rpms which i usually do so i dont hit full boost (stock boost right now) i shift between 3-3.5 the lexus stays a car and a half in front of me ( smile comes upon my face :D) i punch it im about to switch to third at about 45 mph and its ON!! i start creeping i hit around 75 before i shut it down cause i passed him about a car (remember its sunday morning so roads are clear and it was just straight road) the guy gives me a thumbs up so w.e its done but the guy seems to be going same directions as me ,oh well.as i get to a stop sign he tells me what do i have done i tell him just basic tune up and exhaust (3in) i ask him what year and he tells me 2007 we come up to a light and he says if i want him to run it again i let him get the hit oh man did that guy smell my exhaust he looked like he wasnt moving i pulled about 5 cars and shut it down :/ im not that fast but i know im not slow so i just got home and i was surprised i beat him like that so i look up the stats and they have 204 hp and i think 185 torque and they only come in automatic so yeah i dont know what to say i mean its not like he could of done something wrong cause its automatic :character0285:...

Is250's are notoriously slow. Slower than even stock Is300's. Especially the AWD Is250's. I think even the rwd ones are close to 3500lbs, so that doesn't help. LOL They do have 6spd manuals and 6spd tiptronic

Just prepare yourself if you come across an Is350, as it's pretty eazy to get 13.2-13.4's out of them. IS-F is another story.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

Is250's are notoriously slow. Slower than even stock Is300's. Especially the AWD Is250's. I think even the rwd ones are close to 3500lbs, so that doesn't help. LOL They do have 6spd manuals and 6spd tiptronic

Just prepare yourself if you come across an Is350, as it's pretty eazy to get 13.2-13.4's out of them. IS-F is another story.

"The 2.5-liter pulls the IS to 60 mph in 7.1 seconds, two seconds slower than the 3.5-liter. Still, that's 0.1 second quicker than the fastest IS300 we'd ever tested. The IS250 jogs through the quarter-mile in 15.4 seconds at 90 mph (tying that old IS), compared with the 3.5-liter's 13.7-second sprint at 104."

well your wrong get your facts :P

Edited by mr.12a

Right. Magazines should be trusted over personal experience. I guess SQ's are 16.1s cars also?

is300(5-speed manual) 0-60 = 6.8

1/4 mile = 15.1

is250(6-speed manual) 0-60 = 7.4-7.9 (depends on rwd/awd)

1/4 mile = 15.55

My grandma could run a 13.7 in a IS350 even if she forgot what she was doing.

Umm. My eyes. Local guys, local drags, the largest IS web community. Did you not notice the other car I own in my sig?

I've seen lots of things happen at the track. For the most part, people can't drive. Especially on the street where traction is hit or miss. I've seen IS250's beat IS300's, but it's usually the other way around. IS300's are under 3250lbs with 215hp/218tq, while the IS250 is just under 3500lbs with less power and torque. I've seen IS350's beat C5/C6 Z06's, EVO's, STI's, GTO's etc... Of course i've seen IS350's get it's a** handed to it by the same cars also.

thats cool just asking and yes i saw your sig before your point is ???...lol did i ever say you were wrong damn you folks aint to friendly around here...i beat a car that was 20 years younger than mines just wanted to share since it was my first race not becuase of how fast i really dont care thats what i have my rx7 for;)

thats cool just asking and yes i saw your sig before your point is ???...lol

My point has been made. I own an IS300, and know dozens of locals with them, the Isx50's and one with the IS-F. Real world experience trumps contradicting magazine tutorials.

did i ever say you were wrong

Wait.

well your wrong get your facts :P

Yes, yes you did.

damn you folks aint to friendly around here...i beat a car that was 20 years younger than mines just wanted to share since it was my first race not becuase of how fast i really dont care thats what i have my rx7 for;)

This place is plenty friendly, nobody even gave you crap about street racing yet. Do you really expect to not be called on your false statements? You're in the wrong place if you expect that.

You're more than welcome to find another forum that suits your needs.

wow you really are taking this seriously huh guy :D does you ego feel better :nopityA: and what false statements are you talking about exactly? lol your really fun wouldnt mind on meeting such a guy like you lol wowsers loosen up dont blow a gasket

Yawn. Right. I live to berate others concerning internet racing stories.

False statements as in what you quoted for Is300 and Is250 performance specs. There have been huge discrepancies between different magazine articles about the SQ's. Lots of cars are misrepresented in mags.

By your logic, I could've called BS based on the figures you found for the is250 running 15.4's, and an old issue with SQ's stating they run 16.1's when they were brand new. Did I? Of course not, because I know better than to take a magazine article as gospel and ive been around the block enough to know your car should run upper-mid to high 14's if it's healthy.

I'm just saying, magazines suck and most drivers suck. It's cool you beat him and even cooler than he wasn't a prick about it. :)

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

well thank you sir well usually dont rely on magazines just dont know much about the car and looked it up and found the "car and driver" website..well yeah thanks for the reality check it was cool i beat him but damn those cars look so sexy :wub:

Don't mess with the IS-F....got a friend who's a Lexus/ Toyota ASE cert mechanic, he's driven his share of performers. He tells me the IS-F will knock your socks off.

• 2 weeks later...
Because most people here don't run 12's.

VERY true though some of the cars here are absolute monsters. :P (monsters love eating champions) ( some one ran 11 ???? cant remember)

• 4 weeks later...