TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:19 PM

Sometimes the rpm signal cannot get read and a potentiometer is used to correct it. There's a thread around here somewhere about it.

http://www.starquest...pic=143423&st=0

Edited by TexasQuest, 15 February 2019 - 07:22 PM.

88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#22 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

I tried searching for potentiometer on here and I keep getting a error saying to refresh or try later. Whenever I can get it to search I would like to read into this more. As of now I have only started the car and made a few adjustments on the SAFC. I'm waiting on the TPS conversion kit and a couple other things to come in the mail,so hopefully when all this arrives and I can get it put on I'll be able to actually start the car and watch it all closely.

#23 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

I went ahead and picked up a Potentiometer and wired the meter last night, but haven't had a chance to wire it in the car. I am getting a little jumpy rpm range through the SAFC but nothing severe. I'll wire it up in the coming days and see how it effects the Rpm's jumping.
The only thing I could find on wiring it is one outside post to RPM signal, center post to Rpm wire in Safc, and the other outside post to ground.
Do you know if you can get the RPM signal from the wire at the ecm or do you have to go to the coil?

#24 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

I think you can get one from the ecm.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users