same price

also found this

these are $400

http://www.truckinsuspension.com/images/srpproducts/low-mr2-9295-f.jpg

edit, these are supposed to be airstruts

just browsing the net.

site is www.truckn.com

Edited by shift1313

It would be simple enough to do. The hardest part is fabricating everything around the lower-strut casing, as the spindle is one-piece with the unit. After that, it's just attaching everything on top of it.

I also think a VIP-inspired StarQuest would be insanely awesome.

Personally a slammed VIP infleunced SQ would be awesome.

That's where i'm leaning actually. I don't care about going fast in this thing anymore, but it's far too awesome for me to just get rid of it. I think a mild 350-400rwhp MPI setup should suffice.

Although, the only way to airbag a car IMHO is to first buy a nice set of coilovers(multi adjustable dampening--like MK1), then use performance based airbags like UAS. I'm looking to get the UAS setup for the IS300 since I already have the 16-way Tein CS coilovers.

You will have a ridiculous range of feel. If it comes to a point that you like how say, 65psi in the front and 58psi in the rear feels during spirited driving but for all out cornering the ride height is a bit too high still which induces more body roll than you'd like, all you have to do is lower the perch that the airbag rests on since the full bodied coilovers are threaded ALL the way down its body.

It really is a win-win scenario, aside from the cost. UAS airbag setup=$2100-2200, MK1 coilovers=$1300-1500.

My potential list of parts include:

1. Boxed-in, custom fabbed lower control arms for the front and rear. This will make it much much easier to adapt coilovers from other car platforms as well as adding lower control arm camber adjustment.

2. All gold 20x11's and 20x13's with 255/30's and 275/25's or so should do the trick.

3. Notched floorboard(both driver and passenger side) so the exhaust can be routed and tucked far into the chassis, while keeping a future twin exhaust(V6 or V8 swap) setup possible.

4. Four more widebody flares grafted onto the stockers to bring them out 2-3 more inches.

5. '72 240z dash.

6. LS430 HID headlights, possibly keeping the retro pop-ups but maybe i'll give another flush mount build a try.

7. Either a medium gray BMW type paint, or a deep deep maroon with some pearl.

Yeah.. That's just the minor stuff that i'll talk about publicly. There's lots of other things that've never been talked about here, let alone actually done.

I was debating selling off the SQ and buying an LS400 or Q45 to build, but it'll actually be cheaper to custom one-off VIP build my SQ.

That's a beauty of a setup right there. I imagine it wouldn't be too-difficult to fab that into the rear of an SQ. The fronts may need some attention, however.

If I had the budget for this, I'd be playing around with it already.

i had no idea this had so much interest. After I get my motor sorted back out im back on brakes/suspension. I havent looked into it too much but there has to be a good option out there that doesnt involve hacking the lower strut body and welding an adjustable coilover tube in:)

ps, i have air shocks on my camaro. there is a shcraider valve in the truck for each unit and you pump them up to raise the ride hit/stiffen them up:)

This has always been in the back of my mind, I did some sketches with airbag struts 6 or so years ago. And now that I've got the 18's, I want to be able to slam it to the ground, and the raise/stiffen it back up to auto-x it. And this would fit the bill PREFECTLY.

But I'm gonna have to wait till I get a full time job, get a place to be able to work on the car, and the the money to actually do this, so I'm a few years away from even the possibility of doing this. :(

Derek

ive been kicking this around for a couple years, just never gotten around to it. i think it would be a better idea to use an air cylinder.

shift, shrader valves on a camaro with air shocks. somehow i had a much less redneck idea of what you would be like.

haha, you say that like i put them there:) nope they were put there in the camaro long before i got it to make the body clear the 275s that rub the fender on full bump. when i restore that care and drop it they will be gone but its funny never the less.

:hmm3grin2orange: