springs

NEVER CUT SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Pay the $150 for a set of Eibach or Susp. Techniques lowering springs.   If you don't have the money, then leave the stock springs on untouched!  I can't stress this enough.   If you want the engineering behind what cutting a spring does, I will provide it to you.   By cutting 1 coil off of a spring can reduce your stiffness coefficient by a factor of 3 or more.  

You will be bouncing like a jack rabbit down the road.   You will loose tons of performance not to mention it will handle like crap with cut springs.  

kev

lol, i can attest to this one, i had an 1984 VW scirocco, put lowering springs in it, and it was not low enough... (its a scirocco, uglyest car ever unless its nearley on the ground) so i cut 3 rounds off all of them... lol it rides so hard youw ould not beleive. you hit a bothole and it almost bounces you out of the sunroof, im dead seriouse.

Kacz

Cutting your springs is very dangerous.  When you cut them you change the spring's geometry and rates.  Doing this will structurally weaken the spring and the ride will be very rough.  If this has been done the springs could snap and break while you are driving the car and that is certainly not good.  Bottom line:  Dont do it!

just asking guys, thanks for you help, i hav't read the post for the last few days and have thought about it and came to the conclustion that i'm not going to do and and save up for  engine rebuild