Steering Wheel Control self adhesive "Overlay" Kit (85-87)

natallica

You've needed them for years... now, a solution to the problem!!!

*****Update***** For the 'Walk-through' or 'How-To' click here

Cover up those hideous looking "flaky" stereo control buttons and make your steering wheel look like-new again. This is a self adhesive overlay kit is for the years 1985-1987. Basically, strip away the existing (flaky) button face, clean and then line-up and apply this brushed-silver overlay to refresh the look of your steering wheel.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/DSC01591-2.jpg http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/SteeringControls-1.jpg

What you'll receive with this kit:

4 - brushed silver, self adhesive button decals

• VOL -
  • VOL +
  • SEEK
  • SCAN (M.CALL for '87 model year)

1 - surrounding overlay for the 2 end switches P/SW and FM/AM (MUTE for '87 model year)

All masked with clear application film and pre-spaced ...ready to apply!

* As an added bonus I will throw in a small piece of "metallic silver" vinyl that can be applied and trimmed to the bottom edge of the controls to freshen-up that area as well (This will need trimmed slightly after application for proper fit)

Turn this:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/Untitled-1-1.jpg

Into this:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/DSC01596.jpg

Pricing for this item is $25.00 shipped anywhere in the U.S

My Paypal address is: natallica@comcast.net

*Please indicate the model year of your Quest/Starion in the Paypal notes to ensure getting the correct kit and also please submit your shipping address, sometimes they don't show up through Paypal.

Disclaimer :D

I assume NO responsibility in ANY damage done to your stereo controls if you choose to purchase one of these kits for your Starquest, I am only offering these as an inexpensive cosmetic replacement to old worn out buttons. Apart from finding a brand new unit (which is impossible) this is the only option that I can think of, so if you believe you are mechanically inclined enough to dismantle and scrape and clean the surfaces...then by all means grab one of these kits. It's relatively easy to do if you take your time and be thorough in the prep, you should be happy with the results.

*There will be no kits replaced due to misaligned applications or failure to adhere from improperly prepped surfaces. These are pretty much a "one-shot" deal, be 100% of the decals placement before rub-down. You may choose to paint the 2 smaller buttons at both ends with Testors or similar silver paint ..it's a matter of preference, but I simply didn't have the means to include an overlay for those seeing as the vinyl wouldn't stick to the grooved surfaces.

Thanks Guys, lemme know what you think!

-N8

Edited by natallica

Will send out tomorrow!!!

Hope you love 'em. I'm constanttly trying to think of cool things to make for our cars. Good to know I'm helpin you guys out!

Thanks so much!

-N8

Edited by natallica

thats weird my 86 doesnt have the mute button it has the p/sw button.

That is weird...but I tried to get a definitive answer to that question so I didn't look like a douche when I offered these up. :)

So was '87 the first year for the "Mute" and "M.Call" buttons (in this style), assuming then all previous controls had "P/SW" and "SCAN"?

So hopefully if/when they're ordered you guys will let me know 'for sure' which one you need for your ride.

-N8

Edited by natallica

You are correct on the label of the controls for the 87 widebody model not sure about the Flatty model 87 though. And as I have mentioned in the previous post when the audio controls were being made I knew there was some differences in the previous year models as well. So I think you are ok on this part. But it is up to the customer to confirm which one they will need.

Keep up the good work. Many thanks.

well my car is an 86 and it has the mute and f/m a/m, but then again my car is an 87 electronics wise instead of 86 ie: maf connector ecu and so on. i guess it was built in late 86:s. cool product cant wait to get mine!

hey there wouldnt be a tracking number available for these would there? its only because i have no other way of knowing if it reached the place its going to because i live in canada and my pickup location is in the us....

Just received my 86 audio decals and they look great, can wait to put on this spring - Question any instruction on how to put these decals on............Thanks

Here guys, I finally had a few minutes to explain how this was done via walk-through with a few pics. It may help a few of you guys out.

Click Here it's in my Restoration thread.

Thanks for the interest in this stuff guys, glad I can help out the community.

-N8

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...