Chad

blownalky

I am in no way posting this to ridicule nor embarrass this man. I am simply attempting to complete this sale and receive the item as agreed upon.

On April 17th 2008 I emailed CHAD to see if he was still fabricating and selling his custom stainless headers. He emailed me back confirming that he was still in business. To make things short, CHAD provided me with different styles and materials to consider, I made a selection, provided him with dimensions, pictures, and sent payment in full on 4/23/08 via Paypal in the amount of $1250. This would cover the cost of a CUSTOM 321 SS HEADER and shipping. CHAD indicated that he would be able to complete the header in a month to a month and a half. Communication wasn't so well. Early on CHAD replied to my emails with updates on the mock up and then went astray shortly after. The very last time he emailed me was on 6/22/08. He apologized for not having it done. CHAD promised in that email to have it completed and sent to me within a weeks time even if that meant he had to stay up to midnight just to get it done. Currently I still have not received the header. CHAD made me aware that he is a self employed electrician within his last email. I have given him the benefit of the doubt that work comes first as it provides for the home and family.

A simple email to communicate would have kept me okay. However, time is passing quickly and I feel like I've lost $1250. I'm not rich and we all know that some of us that frequent this site have to really sacrifice and work hard just to raise funding to purchase that one part to add to our car. I'm one of the some.

CHAD does some really nice work and that's why I went to him. Second, he's a moderator that represents this site. I didn't think that trust would be an issue. If anyone out here knows CHAD personally, I'm simply attempting to get him to email me and complete the transaction. He hasn't responded to any of my emails since 6/22 at his yahoo address nor has he replied to any of my messages here on the site. The guy logs on weekly. I just don't understand.

CHAD, WHAT'S THE STORY WE'RE INTO AUGUST?????

Edited by blownalky

at last some other person that has gotin (edit) by old chad boy yes just like i wanted a so called a header from the god as most of you out there consider this(edit). but i was able to get my money back through pay pale i too waited for months and i also got the same story about that this is his so called side job. just a reminder other people can make these parts all so not just some low hick.

I hate to pile on but i've also had a similar experience dealing with Chad recently. I had sent him a brand new 3sx pulley, my sds fuel/spark sensor + magnets on may 29th. he was supposed to make a bracket for the sensor and install the magnets on the pulley. This being a 1day job i expected to have it back in a week or so. His communication was great before i shipped this stuff but he has not responded since to pm's or email. I came on here Friday and he was logged in, sent him another pm & within 60 sec. he logged out. I'm pretty much feeling ripped off by the guy i least expected it from!......Travis

Maybe he has had some emergency come up...have you guys checked with Jimmy to see if he knows the where abouts of Chad?

I got finally spoke to CHAD yesterday and he stated that personal problems have kept him busy outside and away from here and other work. He offered to either have the header completed or for a refund. We agreed on completing the header. He will try to have it done immediately.

I appreciate everyones feedback and support.

We all have our own issues that may keep us from our hobbies and obligations. However, communication is very important when any situation arises and keeps us away from meeting our obligations/agreements.

I will post more feedback as we resolve and complete the sale.

Thank you,

Troy

I had a bit of a scare with chad one the APR head bolts...

was taking much longer than i thought and he wasn't responding to pm's for a while.

I kept faith up and he turned it out well responding to my pm and getting them to me asap.

I'm sure he is just realllly busy.

Give the guy time and he has my bet that he will come through :)

*edit* Oh yeah...i would do business with him again for sure.

Edited by Starwolf

I got finally spoke to CHAD yesterday and he stated that personal problems have kept him busy outside and away from here and other work. He offered to either have the header completed or for a refund. We agreed on completing the header. He will try to have it done immediately.

I appreciate everyones feedback and support.

We all have our own issues that may keep us from our hobbies and obligations. However, communication is very important when any situation arises and keeps us away from meeting our obligations/agreements.

I will post more feedback as we resolve and complete the sale.

Thank you,

Troy

Glad to hear he has finally responded to you. He must still be too busy (because he's the only one that has ever been busy) to take the time to respond to my emails or pm's. :character0269:

your replys will get deleted if they serve no purpose. If you are having an issue with Chad then you should email him, if then you feel that it is not being resolved then you need to speak with the other mods and see if they can help if then nothing is done then you should start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses. As you can see the matter is being resolved and Chad is trying to do right by him so by you jumping in there and throwing in your remarks that may lower Chad's credibility you were in the wrong.

your replys will get deleted if they serve no purpose. If you are having an issue with Chad then you should email him, if then you feel that it is not being resolved then you need to speak with the other mods and see if they can help if then nothing is done then you should start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses. As you can see the matter is being resolved and Chad is trying to do right by him so by you jumping in there and throwing in your remarks that may lower Chad's credibility you were in the wrong.
How many of your parts has he had since May?.....Exactly.. How many pm's or emails have I sent him? since you must obviously know......Exactly... Who are the mods i have already spoken to? since you already know....Exactly.....Can you answer any of these?.....Exactly!!

How many of your parts has he had since May?.....Exactly.. How many pm's or emails have I sent him? since you must obviously know......Exactly... Who are the mods i have already spoken to? since you already know....Exactly.....Can you answer any of these?.....Exactly!!

I'm with you dude but you should try to realize that you're living in a world where there is almost NO aftermarket support. It may very well be true that Chad should provide better customer service if he means to produce aftermarket parts for our cars but as it stands, there are very few suitable replacements.

That doesn't mean there are none, but it means that you roll the bones with another "somewhat fly by night" vendor. This is the starquest plight. If you don't like it then you can commission completely one off parts from completely custom shops and pay top dollar. We have very few traditional vendors and I can't help but feel obligated to come to the defense of the "mom&pop" vendors who try to help out. Without them many of us would have nothing. So take a deep breath and realize you're not driving a DSM with aftermarket support in zimbabwe.

I have one of chad's headers and it shows absolutely NO signs of cracking or fatigue after thousands of miles of hard driving. If you can wait I think you'll get a quality part. If you can't, then get a mustang.

I'm with you dude but you should try to realize that you're living in a world where there is almost NO aftermarket support. It may very well be true that Chad should provide better customer service if he means to produce aftermarket parts for our cars but as it stands, there are very few suitable replacements.

That doesn't mean there are none, but it means that you roll the bones with another "somewhat fly by night" vendor. This is the starquest plight. If you don't like it then you can commission completely one off parts from completely custom shops and pay top dollar. We have very few traditional vendors and I can't help but feel obligated to come to the defense of the "mom&pop" vendors who try to help out. Without them many of us would have nothing. So take a deep breath and realize you're not driving a DSM with aftermarket support in zimbabwe.

I have one of chad's headers and it shows absolutely NO signs of cracking or fatigue after thousands of miles of hard driving. If you can wait I think you'll get a quality part. If you can't, then get a mustang.

I'm not waiting for a header (have 2 of his already) I'm not waiting for any 1 off custom pieces either. I'm trying to get the man to put my parts that i sent him in may in a small box and just give them back. thats it am i asking the world of him?. Its kind of hard when i can't even get a " i'll let you know when its ready to ship" pm or email. I'm just left with endless pm's in my outbox and many emails sent but never returned. You guys act like keeping another members parts is all good because of who the guy is keeping those parts.

I'm not waiting for a header (have 2 of his already) I'm not waiting for any 1 off custom pieces either. I'm trying to get the man to put my parts that i sent him in may in a small box and just give them back. thats it am i asking the world of him?. Its kind of hard when i can't even get a " i'll let you know when its ready to ship" pm or email. I'm just left with endless pm's in my outbox and many emails sent but never returned. You guys act like keeping another members parts is all good because of who the guy is keeping those parts.

no, not "all good". I started my post saying it may very well be that chad should do better. Then I pleaded the case of a vendor who provides various services that are hard to come by for our vehicles. Your case may be unique and utterly inexcusable. I have no idea. My point stands though, that we can't run guys like this off until they basically start completely screwing guys over. Chad has consistantly stood behind his work and made situations right with buyers. He has this track record for YEARS. I'm not suggesting he hasn't completely dropped the ball in your case. I'm suggesting that we should allow the occasional slack off or F'up when guys like this are so rare. That's all. You're probablly right to be a little miffed.

Edited by chiplee

no, not "all good". I started my post saying it may very well be that chad should do better. Then I pleaded the case of a vendor who provides various services that are hard to come by for our vehicles. Your case may be unique and utterly inexcusable. I have no idea. My point stands though, that we can't run guys like this off until they basically start completely screwing guys over. Chad has consistantly stood behind his work and made situations right with buyers. He has this track record for YEARS. I'm not suggesting he hasn't completely dropped the ball in your case. I'm suggesting that we should allow the occasional slack off or F'up when guys like this are so rare. That's all. You're probablly right to be a little miffed.
You think i'm trying to run him off this site? I have kept this situation very quiet for months just sending those pm's losing hope with each one. I even tried to get this resolved in this thread without starting a new one to further discredit the man. My other car is an 86' GN so i fully understand the lack of aftermarket support for the rare forgot about rides we all love. But saying i should just cut my losses? I don't agree because then it leaves the door open for it to happen to another member who may be spending their last dime to get that header or that magna that they worked hard for. but hey its not us right?

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to give every1 an update! I received an unexpected package today sent priority from......CHAD!!! inside was my pulley with the magnets installed, and my sensor with the bracket made for it!! I'm very happy to receive these parts :dancing: . I just wish he would have let me know before i went and spent another @300 to replace them but oh well. I'd like to pay him for his work because i don't want/ask for anything for free so if anyone has Chads paypal addy plz pm it to me. Thanks and hope everything turns out well for the rest of you!

i had chad mod my intake for me, he does great work, it might take a while , but in the long run you will get your moneys worth , as long as you have some patience with him, he is very busy, he took awhile do mod my intake but it was a good job , maybe he just needs to communicate a little more thats all, nick

Don't know what to say.....

I spoke to CHAD on the phone just about a month ago. He seemed sincere in getting my header done. I've attempted to contact him numerous times since then and left messages too. However, no return calls. I don't know if it's just his way of doing business. I see that a few have recieved their parts.

Maybe CHAD can reply to this post and provide a running list of the projects he's working on and who it belongs to. I just want to know who I'm behind in that line up. $1250 paid up front in April and still no header. :angry: Anyone else waiting on parts???????

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know what to say.....

I spoke to CHAD on the phone just about a month ago. He seemed sincere in getting my header done. I've attempted to contact him numerous times since then and left messages too. However, no return calls. I don't know if it's just his way of doing business. I see that a few have recieved their parts.

Maybe CHAD can reply to this post and provide a running list of the projects he's working on and who it belongs to. I just want to know who I'm behind in that line up. $1250 paid up front in April and still no header. :angry: Anyone else waiting on parts???????

Yes,

I too have been trying to get in touch with Chad since my purchase of a log header during one of his group purchases about a year or so ago. My log header was suppose to be a direct bolt on in the stock location (my downpipe and exhaust is already custumized). As many know from photos I posted during the install over a weekend that I would like to forget, the mounted header made the turbo stand out of the engine bay at least 2" and the hood would have never shut after install.

Now, Chad quickly chimmed in on Monday morning after messages went flying around the boards and Chad and I ultimately agreed for me to send my header back and he would refabricate a new one that would fit in the stock location as previously agreed. I sent mine back a few months ago and have shipping records to prove it. I have e-mailed and/or pm'd him continuously since then with abosolutly no reponse even after pleaing for some type of communication. I recently gave up since I was at a loss. I'm out about $400.00+ with nothing to show except stripped out exhaust studs in a brand new ported Marnel head and a leaking exhaust gasket since I had to rip everthing apart when his header didn't fit. I'm not in a hurry for the header since my quest is not a daily driver anymore. However, I just want some f****** communication at this point. He has been a good vendor in the past for everyone but I'm not having a good experience at all. Advice is welcome.

JSwan

• 4 weeks later...
Yes,

I too have been trying to get in touch with Chad since my purchase of a log header during one of his group purchases about a year or so ago. My log header was suppose to be a direct bolt on in the stock location (my downpipe and exhaust is already custumized). As many know from photos I posted during the install over a weekend that I would like to forget, the mounted header made the turbo stand out of the engine bay at least 2" and the hood would have never shut after install.

Now, Chad quickly chimmed in on Monday morning after messages went flying around the boards and Chad and I ultimately agreed for me to send my header back and he would refabricate a new one that would fit in the stock location as previously agreed. I sent mine back a few months ago and have shipping records to prove it. I have e-mailed and/or pm'd him continuously since then with abosolutly no reponse even after pleaing for some type of communication. I recently gave up since I was at a loss. I'm out about $400.00+ with nothing to show except stripped out exhaust studs in a brand new ported Marnel head and a leaking exhaust gasket since I had to rip everthing apart when his header didn't fit. I'm not in a hurry for the header since my quest is not a daily driver anymore. However, I just want some f****** communication at this point. He has been a good vendor in the past for everyone but I'm not having a good experience at all. Advice is welcome.

JSwan

Similiar to builtT4WHP475@38OO, I received my header in the mail a couple of weeks after this post. It may have taken longer that I expected but at least I got my header and it looks like it will work great. Chad came through on his commitment to me and I commend him for that.

Jswan

• 4 months later...

i have never had a problem with Chad until now, i have purchased parts from him before and had my magna modded by him and he has always come through very quickly.

i purchased one of his custom intakes from another member that needed to be modded to fit the stock distributor(it was originally setup for and edis system). after a few emails back and forth i sent it to him to be modded(no money had been exchanged due to him not knowing the total cost). according to the tracking number he received it on january 12, and that was the last time i had heard from him. i have sent numurous pm's to him and never had a single reply.

what originally sounded like it would only take 1-2 weeks has now turned to almost 2 months. being i haven't paid for the modding i can't be mad about that, its just that he has my intake(that i paid 750-800 for) and hasn't responded to my pm's. there are 5 or 6 unopened pm's that i tracked sitting in my box.

i would just like some word on when i can expect it

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I need some feedback, thinking about getting one of Chads headers. Since you've had it for a while how do you like it so far ? Is it for a stock turbo setting:

I appreciate your reply.

Mike

• 2 months later...