Jayton's Car

Jayton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to go MPI because it's basically the only mod i didn't do, but when I built the motor (a while back) there were very few MPI setups around and the knowledge about them was not widespread like it is now.

It's definitely in the back of my head though.

wow, makes my car look like poop. what was the total time from start to finish?

On and off for 10yrs as time and money allowed. Sometimes the car sat for months at a time untouched and other times I would work on it daily.

from your page.....

I refused to be one of those guys who get halfway through a car project only to give up and sell it for peanuts after investing thousands in time and parts.

I, on the other hand, was determined to get a return on my investment and must say that I definitely have. Not in the form of any monetary value, but just the satisfaction I get every time I look at my car. It just puts a smile on my face knowing that I accomplished it all with my own two hands and I stuck through it all to realize my dream and vision for the car.

thats a really awesome and inspirational quote, great job man.

Thanks for all the great comments guys! I'm happy to finally share the car and it's story with all of you.

I often wonder how I would have done it without the support of these forums. When I first started the project I didn't have internet and very few people did. Everything was trial and error and parts were ordered through catalogs only. I had to buy parts cars (2 of them) so that I would have both a real model to reference during the re-assembly and all the parts that inevitably get lost.

Thanks to everyone who has ever offered their advise/expertise and to those who offered encouragement when I had been ready to throw in the towel.

I'll raise a toast to that statement. Without the SQC forum and the AWESOME people I have met here... I would've sold the car already. I'm a mechanical idiot, and unfortunately my day job keeps me from having gobs of time to spend learning / working on the car. So sometimes the car can be very intimidating / overwhelming for me. Without the help and sound advice I've received from the people here I'd just be sitting around scratching my head most of the time.

You're own plight with the car is absolutely inspirational. It certainly proves to me what can be accomplished with time and patience and the determination to not give up.

Yeah, I've said for a few years now that this car is the nicest I've seen pics of! No other car has been gone through to that extent as far as I know. kev is putting one together, but isn't as far as yours yet.

Yeah definitely. Starting in May I'm usually at the Oyster Bay cruise nights on Tuesdays. They close down one of the main roads in town from 5pm on and there's always a good turnout with lots of nice cars and live music.

Other than that, I'll be at the Glen Cove waterfront car show that I missed last year that you went to. It is on June 24th this year.

We could also meet up sometime and out for a spin.

• 3 months later...