Air Diversion Panel

MotoCam360

I'm getting ready to laser cut 1/4 inch thick smoked acrylic Air Diversion Panels.... gauging interest to see if anybody else needs one? The smoked color is the same material I make my foglight covers out of, which you can see on the front of the car.

Notice my design will NOT have the hood prop receptical provision since I run my hood strut kit on all 3 cars, but you could easily cut it in with a jigsaw if needed:

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Air%20Diversion%20Panel/SQAirDiversionFront.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Air%20Diversion%20Panel/SQAirDiversionTop.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I missing?

1. The prop rod lays on top of the radiator support and pivots from its mounting outside the driver's side head light.

2. The radiator is on the back side of the mount while the diversion panel is in front.

How doers this panel affect either of these? On the other hand, checking or filling the cooling sustem's overflow bottle might be a bit more difficult, and the hood switch will be inoperative unless another hole is provided.

What am I missing?

1. The prop rod lays on top of the front of the radiator support and pivots from its mounting outside the driver's side head light.

2. The radiator is on the back side of the mount while the diversion panel is in front.

checking or filling the cooling sustem's overflow bottle might be a bit more difficult, and the hood switch will be inoperative unless another hole is provided.

fixed for accuracy. reference noted:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2796/1461/6988230016_large.jpg

Hello TM,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. My air panel covers the little plastic prop rod retention clip when the prop rod lays parallel to the radiator because I have hoodstrut kits and no longer use a prop rod

2. Boho runs a 1JZ, and they put the radiator in front of the crossbar for this conversion (1JZ/2JZ)

Yes the hood switch becomes inoperative.... I don't find it necessary myself

What am I missing?

1. The prop rod lays on top of the radiator support and pivots from its mounting outside the driver's side head light.

How doers this panel affect either of these? On the other hand, checking or filling the cooling sustem's overflow bottle might be a bit more difficult, and the hood switch will be inoperative unless another hole is provided.

Do you see my sig pic? I have 1jz and hood pins...I have the old OutcastZero panel but it's kind of pointless with my setup.

Hey Tim. I'd be down for one.

Thanks

Tae

Hey sorry I never got to give any feed back on your hood struts and fog light covers.

The hood struts are awesome. But I made the hole a just a tad closer than I was supposed to and the body has a gap. That's why i never got to post a pic. I didn't want to turn people away from a great product because I installed it wrong. Anyways, keep up the good work. I will send you some awesome pics when I get everything straightened out.

Hey Tim. I'd be down for one.

Thanks

Tae

Hey sorry I never got to give any feed back on your hood struts and fog light covers.

The hood struts are awesome. But I made the hole a just a tad closer than I was supposed to and the body has a gap. That's why i never got to post a pic. I didn't want to turn people away from a great product because I installed it wrong. Anyways, keep up the good work. I will send you some awesome pics when I get everything straightened out.

you must have have measured 8.75 instead of 8 3/4 in. they do look good and work great. much thanks moto c.

Hello Tae, you can remedy the fit on the hoodstrut kit by slotting the fender seam hole that you have to drill..... give it 1/8" of side to side and hopefully that will cure your bind issues. The hardware should still cover the hole and make it barely noticable, but make your adjustments incrementally.

Thanks for the kind works Slydogg... glad your install went smooth!

TG - I should have pricing on the air diversion panel figured out tomorrow and I will post up

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, they are being cut now in smoked acrylic and also black ABS, but I don't have a cost till I get back to Seattle next week.

I am also cutting the radio cluster in smoked acrylic with the HVAC controls, pocket, and single DIN.

Lastly I have a very cool Black ABS chin spoiler that I'm producing too - there will be 2 design options for people to choose from.

I will post pics and prices for everything when I'm back next week.