EIP Intake Manifold conquest or starion 2.6l

LBSOHK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i WAS running the same thing but that car is long gone 4 years ago. this is a very nice intake but does have some flaws. like the thermostat is a pain in the a$$ to get to work right, you CAN NOT use AC even if you wanted to. and this intake is HUGE so theres not much room for anything else.

heres a few pics of the setup i had, oh yea and the fuel rail is a complete pain to get the injectors to seal, but an all fairness, this is the most powerful intake to date, no one has proved the magna or the hurricane or chads can go faster in the 1/4, yet.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6748/whitetsi2mv8.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1464/whitetsija3.jpg

Does this intake clear the brake booster?

ummmmmmm did u not see the pics i posted of it installed. look at the back of the intake see the sharp angled edge? thats to clear the booster.

the only thing this wont clear is the AC compressor and a distributor so you would need a distributorless ignition system like an electromotive tec3, basically this intake is the end all be all of intakes. it out flows everything and is big enough for endless amounts of boost and still be efficient, if you pair this intake with a BIG efficient intercooler and a GT37 turbo and build the motor like no one ever has, the HP would be monsterous im guessing somewhere around the 650 mark at around 30 psi.

we should look into replicating and hopefully improving on it and the design - I wonder if Chad would be game, because I could see it proving to be pretty valuable to have it as another resource option than the Hurriance or the Magna

No I did not just got hired , again you are wrong.. I see a pattern here..

Im a friend , Im not making dime on this , just helping out...

Im here to sell ,Im not here to argue , especially with a kid that probably sat home all day and ate bologna sandwiches while using his tears for masturbation lubricant

dont like the price ? leave the thread

I bought the injectors today , this guy resonded quickly gave me time to make my decision and put no pressure on me at any time. Went to UPS withing an hour of payment and then supplied tracking # for the parts on the way to me . This club could stand to have more people on top of the game as he is , give him a break if you dont like the price negotiate!

just my .02

comon guys, this bantering is only making me laugh. the intake is nice, i know i have overpaid for stuff in the past, who is to say this guy didnt pay 1200. maybe he did. now he is selling, if you want it buy it, if you dont want it or cant afford his price then dont buy it. i thought the BS section was for bickering, not the for sale section.

this is a great club, i have enjoyed it here and hope to keep enjoying it. good luck with the sale.

Sam, Its common knowledge of those that were here 5+ years ago when this was one of the only options, that they were Indeed $1100+ (the last advertized price I heard in ~2002). $1200 is totaly plausabe in my opinion, that one seems to be an eveolution to the origional that I'm refering to.

This intake is what prompted me to make my first one in 2001, and subsequent intakes. I saw that it is a lot of labor (thus expensive), but it's not much material (~$70) so I decided to make my own.

What you are paying for is the R&D time, overhead (expensive tools, shop space and consumables), and the fabrication time. What you get is someting that someone else has said will work, and it's been proven by several others, just ask Heefner, he runs one also and I doubt he got it for cheap either.

That design is great for high HP setups, larger plenums are needed in high boost high RPM manifolds. If I were to make an "all out" MPI manifold, it would have a similar plenum volume. I currently don't however because it means loosing AC. You can't get a propper large pelnum manifold with appropriate sized runners in there with that much volume, and still retain the AC.

It is said you want 150% of the motors displacement for the plenum size for all out race aplications, that means about 240 CI. The magna is . ~80 CI (ID = 3"x3"x9"), mine is ~200 CI (ID= 3.87" rd by 16"). Heefners rough measurements put the EIP closer to, if not over to this magic number, though his is not exactly identical to this one.

Sam helped me with a good deal on a wideband, which I posted on the feedback thread.

If a seller wants to edit the original asking price, that's his choice. As a seller it'd be smart to be honest and say..."yeah, I found it really is worth more, so I raised it", but that's super friendly & there's no obligation to explain.

According to "the rules", we shouldn't dispute an asking price openly. I guess a PM to the seller or new "buyer beware" thread should be tossed into the BS section. fair enough.

Replying to a "for sale" post:

3. Limit replies to information specifically related to the item(s) being sold. If you wish to open a discussion, use the BS board, email or other method. The "for sale" board is not intended to be used as a chat board.

4. If you disagree with the prices or method of how the person is selling or anything else with the "for sale" post - deal with it - take your business elsewhere - let it be. We don't want to turn away business to/from those who have something to offer.

best of luck with your sale, here, ebay, or elsewhere. That's a nice intake there.