• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 2drstunner

2drstunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:24 PM

So I owned two Starquest many of years ago. Just picked one up cheap off a friend of a friend. Heres the problem an the story Ive been told. What should I do/try first?

Previous owner was drivng the car and it started to smoke. He brought it to a mechanic to see what was wrong with it. They replaced the bearings and nothing else. Now the car knocks its face off. No oil presure to the top of the motor. Is the motor shot? Did they do something wrong? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Edited by 2drstunner, 23 October 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#2 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

Straight to the point answer.  Take the motor apart and re build it properly all to specs  Only way you will like it and be happy. He said she said doesn't cut it in my opinion. People lie to sell you crap or just have no idea what's wrong w it and dont wanna put a penny towards it. These motors are very simple to re build yourself.

#3 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

Straight to the point answer.  Take the motor apart and re build it properly all to specs  Only way you will like it and be happy. He said she said doesn't cut it in my opinion. People lie to sell you crap or just have no idea what's wrong w it and dont wanna put a penny towards it. These motors are very simple to re build yourself.

#4 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:17 PM

Engingmachineservice aka Dad on here, Randy, has a lot of experience with these engines. Has most if not all the parts you'll need to rebuild it. Or he will
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#5 2drstunner

2drstunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:11 PM

Will do. Where is he located?

#6 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,757 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:34 PM

Niles. Ohio
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#7 860QuestTuner

860QuestTuner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:B and J motorsports
    89 Conquest Tsi
    86 Conquest Tsi Rot Pile
    89 240 sx coupe
    85 300zx TURBO
    06 Evo MR
    06 RSX TypeS
    autoX/fishing/shooting/paintball/audio/electrical/beer

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:16 PM

I wonder if they used the wrong gasket for oil pump if they used a new gasket set when pulling it apart or something with pick up/ o ring. If they didn't tank or clean out engine the oil passages could be full of junk. It's inevitable to pull it apart at this point.
89 conquest Tsi (B and J motorsports)
20 0ver Wiseco 8-1,prepped rods/floaters/arp bolts,lighted/polished crank,IJH crank scraper ,18G/ported housing,ported manifold ,adjustable cam gear,ARP studs, M28 head,tep 274 cam,ss valves,ported int+exh+TB,*DM HP hardpipes,*DM ahp,*DM intercooler,TXS bov ,*DM aluminum Radiator, BS elem.,no AC,TEP dp,HKS exh,CompClutch S2Clutch/Light flywheel,SS clutch line, Walbro255,aeromotive FPR,1g maf,SAFC,MSD,custom poly mounts ENG/Trans,Braided fuel/turbo lines,Hallman pro boost cont.,3-wire o2,1g dsm open filter,Cusco strut bar/camber plates,KYB struts,ST Springs,custom swaybar links,MK1 adjustable Strut Rods, MK1 rear Camber Plates,TEP rear strut bar, SS brake lines,slotted/crossed rotors,metal master pads,ABS Removed,wilwood prop valve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users