5 replies to this topic

#1 Rapom

Rapom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

I know im breaking the forum rules about what goes where... but the way i see it.. our community is just to small to have SO MANY sub categories.. maybe put it in the bs sub cat? But this isnt bs..

Anyway.. i have an 89 SHP (this is shp only discussions) im looking to run factory sized tires.. yes i know the rears are hard to find.. i plan on running track tires for the street.. car does not get driven in rain or snow anyway.. my question...

With oem sized shp tires on shp wheels.. CAN i lower the car without rubbing? If so how much? Does anyone know of coils i can put in my oem shp struts to lower it a bit but not rub? I just bought a set of 4 shp struts with 18k miles on them.. mine are shot and rears missing.

Another thought... JUST to say i wanted to go even wider (with shp and lowered) how wide front and rear before rubbing occurs?

Thanks! Again srry for being a rule breaker

#2 aconro

aconro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

I run SHP wheels (16x9 rear, 16x8 fronts) with a +25mm spacer all round.  I have a 245/55/16 tire on the back and lowered on D2 coilovers.  I can tuck the tire and still not have any rubbing issues.  With that said, it is a must to have rolled fenders
1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI Auto (Sold)
1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI 1JZ Swap - MS3-Pro, Holset HX35, ID1000, E85
2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
2007 Buell XB12R

#3 Rapom

Rapom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the response. You have wheel spacers. There is only about 15mm of fender lip to roll. Im assuming if you didnt have spacers you would not need to roll the fenders? What size tire do you run on the front?

Im not looking to "stance" the car. I plan to run oem sizes that means a 245-45 on the rear. I cant stand the way the 50's look. And im only looking to drop the car by an inch or less. Also my front fenders are already rolled thanks to the last owner that put wheel spacers on it and cut the oem shp coils so it would "lay frame" im in the process of finding fender replacements. Wonder if people think about the rarity of the car before destroying it? To each their own. Not judging. Just makes it a bit harder to un-do

#4 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:51 AM

If you're keeping stock tire size, then just get Cosmo or Mookeh coilovers for around $200-$250.....

You can lower up to 3" approx with no issue. If my memory is correct.

#5 aconro

aconro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:52 AM

You would be correct.  I only had to roll the fenders due to running the spacer.  I am running the stock size up from (225's).

On my 88 I had for a bit, it has worn out rear struts that i drove around on for a bit.  The rear tire sat about level with the top of the fender.  With the SHP wheels and stock fenders, I never had a rubbing issue front or rear.  Even when I through 3 people in the car.

You can easily lower the car 1-2" without issues.
1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI Auto (Sold)
1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI 1JZ Swap - MS3-Pro, Holset HX35, ID1000, E85
2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
2007 Buell XB12R

#6 Rapom

Rapom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:35 AM

Thats good to hear!! Right now it has 225-50 on the rear and 205's on the front (i have verified they are shp wheels 8"-9") i figured they streched the skinny tires on to avoid rubbing... but apparently thats not the case. They just did it for the ricer effect. Thanks again for the tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users