• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:17 AM

I've looked through the manuals and various posts on here concerning this.
I'm wondering if there is supposed to be tension on both weight springs when the Distributor is installed...
I've taken it apart and fully regreased it, new pickup coil, and new Advance, but I'm just noticing that one weight has a little more play in it that the other when touching them.
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#2 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

There are 2 springs inside and there different sizes are u sure U have them the right way??...........
did u take any pictures before U took it apart ?? If not ,, I can send u a picture of one......what s your e mail  address ?

Edited by markhansenconquest, 03 July 2019 - 08:45 AM.

#3 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:19 PM

wooten82@aol.com
I'll take a picture of you have one handy.  I found a couple different pictures on here but who's to say they are correct.
I put them back in the way they were when I tore it down, but they could've been in there incorrectly.
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#4 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:50 PM

I sent 1 picture my finger is pointing to the smaller spring with less loop , but the hook is longer on that end .....the small notch is on the right when U are looking at it the right way ..........

Edited by markhansenconquest, 05 July 2019 - 09:39 PM.

#5 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

Thanks. I'll go check it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users