psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,012 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

I know about the restrict or there, but it's been to long to remember if I took it out. After playing around with the slave rod length I have things working much better now. Of course I didn't grab a length though... I'll try to remember to do that
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#22 Indiana

Indiana

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,736 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

That setup without new pins and bearings for them to rotate in will chew up those stock type crap parts and mash that plastic shock absorber thingy on the end that were never meant to be under so much force to release that HD pressure plate.  That hole goes from round to oval very very quickly then you try to compensate with longer rods and extending the rob etc. etc.

You got sloppy linkage.

#23 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,012 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

Last fall I put a bearing and bushing in that linkage. It's tight as a frogs bottom. I replaced the rubber in there with a piece of delrin too. So I don't believe any of that caused the issue

Edited by psu_Crash, 27 May 2018 - 05:31 PM.

'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users