A Lttle I.D. Confirmation...

kidjc

O.K. I have a turbo, alleged to be a Big 16g? Measurements as follows Intake Side Impeller Wheel: Outlet Diameter: 60mm/2.360 inches / Inlet Diameter: 44.5mm/1.74 inches. Exhaust Side Turbine Wheel: Outlet Diameter: 48.98mm/1.924 inches / Inlet Diameter: 55.75mm / 2.195 inches? From what I know, it doesn't seem to "quite" match the specs I have on anything? Any help appreciated, Thanx :) Edited by kidjc

14g or 14b maybe.

John, the measurements on most just are too big? Couldn't get them to fall into place on the money with any of it? Closest was the 16g? Thanx man for the input, definitely appreciated coming from you dude!

Measure again. I bet your measurements are a little off.

This was like my 5th round of measurements, yhea they varied a tad, but very little; took the best shot @ it.(was using a brand new digital caliper) Thanx!

I bet that chart has an error on the 14g size.

You might have an off brand 14g wheel rather than a true MHI. Possibly their sizing isnt the same.

http://item.mobilewe...Id=281162212848

First I have seen an aftermarket 14g wheel. Aftermarket replacement wheels usally fit fine.

Well correct me if Im wrong, but those arent MHI 14G measurements.

Correct.

Looking at the chart I posted he has a 17g/17c. His compressor #s 2.36/1.74 and the chart for a 17g compressor 2.385/1.744 That's only a 25 thousandths difference on the major diameter. That could easily be a measuring error when using dial calipers. There's a reason why machinists call dial calipers "guesstimators".

His measurements are close enough. It's a TD05H 17g.

For the OP, you look at compressor and turbine #s seperatly. Not together on a chart like that. Compressors and turbines aren't a package deal. They can be swapped independantly.

Edited by ucw458

The 17g on that chart is a tdo4 shaft size. A 17c is tdo5 shaft, and visibly bigger than a 14g compressor, I say bolt it on and run it. When he gets board with it try something else. Jerry, I think that was my advice a year ago?

And you can't put a 17g on a TD05 shaft....... Sure you can. That chart shows known OEM configurations. Turbo parts can be mix and matched to create something else. That's why I put this in my response.

For the OP, you look at compressor and turbine #s seperatly. Not together on a chart like that. Compressors and turbines aren't a package deal. They can be swapped independantly.

Actually, what it appears I have is: Turbine wheel measurements that are pretty much right on w/ a 16g, & Impeller wheel that is of the same matching as the 17g. All wrapped neatly within MHI TD05; is this a possibility? (also recently made a choice while doing the exhaust mani to either go w/ this particular turbo to install... or the stock 12a. This just before leaving for PF13, so I went w/ what I knew.) Now, I'm ready for something a little different? W/O... the head gasket, head gasket, head gasket thing? ;) Thanx though! Edited by kidjc