Video security system?

StarquestRescue

what exactly are you trying to do? we just put an really good camera system in at my old work i could find out some details on it if that would help? i know we did alot of research

I know Sams Club sells a complete kit with dvr and 4 cameras with low light mode for like 400...You can also link it to your tv and you can see all 4 angles with it... My friend put one up in his pizza place...so far no issues and it works well..

You can also find kits on Ebay. Not sure on what name brands are the best, but there's lots of different kits for different applications.

There's different cameras too- Ones for daylight and others that work real good at night. I'd suggest getting both kinds.

Then there's different options for how many cameras the unit will handle, as well as how long it will save recordings and link up with computers and TVs. What you decide to get will be determined by that sort of stuff, and what you're tyring to watch over.

Whatever you do, stay away from the cheap stuff. These are one of those times where you'll be happier with what you end up with if you pony up for the nicer stuff.

Edited by Burton

Yes, a complete kit would be the way to go. They seem to start around $300 and go up. The immediate problem is some one is tossing bags of dog doo around the neighbourhood.. I would like to find the rightful owner and return some of it. :lol: I had some Conquest stuff stolen a while back, i figured they would be back for more sooner or later.

If you need help or have any questions on what stuff is good quality and such, PM me. My "other half" has been doing security Tech work for over 15 years and I'm sure he'd help you with any questions that you might have.

Yes, a complete kit would be the way to go. They seem to start around $300 and go up. The immediate problem is some one is tossing bags of dog doo around the neighbourhood.. I would like to find the rightful owner and return some of it. :lol: I had some Conquest stuff stolen a while back, i figured they would be back for more sooner or later.

Sometimes just posting signs that your property is under video surveillance is enough to deter these stupid punks...assuming they can read...

BTW if you do return said dog doo...may i suggest a flaming bag of it on the doorstep..its a classic..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cQb2tKyozEQ/SbrpiBAKLwI/AAAAAAAABBk/SmLbqglgp7k/s400/flaming_bag_of_poop.jpg

Edited by BrazilBoy

make sure if it is for outdoor use depending on were you are located. they make some with heated insides if it gets cold were you are? you will also want some with IR lights so you can see at night but you would be surprised on the quality of some of the ebay stuff. if you are not going to see extreme climate changes you can get some good equip off ebay for cheap. as i remember the most expansive part is the card for your computer to hook the cameras into then again i believe we have the capability to have 16 cameras...