Dual Exhaust on a 2.6l?

Szester

Was looking through the vids to see if maybe someone had already done it, but im not seeing anything. I was thinking about trying it with a flowmaster or something. Is there room underneath? What problems would i run into?

True dual or just a split down the pipe? Might sound like a couple of lawnmowers with each pipe running 2 cylinders lol

Split down the pipe. Yea thats true, didn't think about that. I just wonder how it would sound though. I have never seen it on a quest before...

Flowmaster 3" in with 2 x 2.5" out

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/50/24630295.jpg

Here's a vid. You can hear it at the end. Sounds VERY nice i think

Did you run into any problems putting it in? Sounds awesome but im thinking about the little amount of room under there and such. Any help would be awesome. Thx again :)

Where the dirver's side pipe goes under the tank it is pretty low and since the muffler is about mid car it is also quite low to the ground with only about 3 1/2" clearance on flat pavement. I am also lowered 2" though. You just have to keep it in mind when out and about. It's not bad at all.

Do it, you will love it!

Wish I had a vid with my car actually driving. It sounds mean

It would look good...but, I dont think it would do anything at all. Best bet would be to run two tailpipes off the same muffler instead of buying two mufflers.

Dual exhaust only makes a performance difference on V style motors

Where the dirver's side pipe goes under the tank it is pretty low and since the muffler is about mid car it is also quite low to the ground with only about 3 1/2" clearance on flat pavement. I am also lowered 2" though. You just have to keep it in mind when out and about. It's not bad at all.

Do it, you will love it!

Wish I had a vid with my car actually driving. It sounds mean

Def sounds like something im interested in. So do you have one muffler running out to two pipes or two separate mufflers? Thx again :)

Dual exhaust only makes a performance difference on V style motors

Or to someone who needs more volume inside the exaust but can't increase the diameter because of gournd clearnece issues.

Then why do FC's come with dual exhaust from the factory?

well....kinda forgot about that...lol Rotaries aren't v style or inline...didn't even cross my mind.

and as far as need more volume...slap some 3" on there...thats plenty for 4 cylinder...too much and you'll lose some torque...and, itd probably make it flow weird since its all coming out one exhaust mani

Edited by strang3majik

Def sounds like something im interested in. So do you have one muffler running out to two pipes or two separate mufflers? Thx again :)

One muffler off a 3" downpipe with 2 outlets.

Thanks IntercooledFlatty! Rear spoiler is now stripped all black. Paint someday ...

One muffler off a 3" downpipe with 2 outlets.

Thanks IntercooledFlatty! Rear spoiler is now stripped all black. Paint someday ...

the car does sound pretty good and it was very entertaining peeling the paint off your spoiler in scotty's driveway. i wonder if he noticed all the paint chips?

it was very entertaining peeling the paint off your spoiler in scotty's driveway. i wonder if he noticed all the paint chips?

If he did then he didn't say anything. lol

Took me several days of working at it to get all the paint off. Now I have to figure out how to get paint to stick to it permanently this time.