88 SHP conquest Now with Pics -- sold

ABaskin1970

I've got an 88 that I recently picked up and due to work I just don't have the time to give the car the attention it needs. It does start and runs for a few seconds and then dies. The lower front skirt is shot but the rest of the body is in decent shape for its age. It is red, although the paint is shot too, black leather interior in decent shape. Missing the glove box and radio. I don't want to part it out, I don't have enough knowledge to know what people are asking for and the correct tools to tear alot of it down. It would make a great fixer or parts car either way. Will post pictures when it's daylight and I get some taken. The car is a 5 speed. I paid 600 for it and have bought a few items for it, a new used MAF and primary fan. Willing to take a small loss on it, just want to see it go to someone who can use it. With work right now the car will sit and rot and I don't want that or hear my g/f complain about it sitting there. Make an offer. Edited by ABaskin1970

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed it doesn't have shp wheels. Are you sure its a shp car? I gonna look up where you are. My white 89 came from muskogee, ok.

& 87' seats?

The data plate says Oct 87 as the build date. Title says 88. I don't know for sure if its an shp or not, I say somewhere on here about the markings on the rims on the front but haven't removed them to check the back. I'm not far from muskogee, about a half an hour from ft smith.

Yeah..87 seats and 88 up spoiler. The tire identification plate on inside of the drivers door jam will tell you if its a shp car.

205/55 front

225/50 rear

That's the factory size of a non shp car. The wheels on car are definatly 7's and 8's.

Would you mind me asking where you purchased this car at in Arkansas?

Edited by 87B71Brad

I got the car in fayetteville. Rough measurement of the rims are 9 and 8 so I don't know, ill leave the if they are or not to people who know more about them than ii do. Tire data plate says 255/50/16 and 245/24/16 rears

Check the door tag again;fronts: should be 225x50x16, the 245x45x16 for the rears are correct for SHP.

^^yup true shp car looks like. Too bad the rear 9's where jacked man. I been trying to steer my buddy to purchase this car since I have too many..lol

That's crazy..I been in Fayetteville searching for starquest's there every chance I get!

Edited by 87B71Brad

Outside of it starts for a second and then dies, it sits as I got it. I did get a primary fan and maf for it since the accordion hose was shot. It needs a new pull cable for the hood, missing center console and glove box. I do know it needs some brake work in the rear, the p/o would start the car but apparently didn't move it so the rear breaks needed to be broke free when I got it. Engine wise it looks like its has a valve cover gasket leak for a while but I no nothing else about it. I don't have the tools or it running long enough to do compression testing. If I could find someone to get it running again I'd keep it.