Reached Out To GodSpeed. Not Sure It Will Go Anywhere...

David Adams

But I figured I'd share and maybe it'll inspire a few others to reach out as well. Perhaps with enough of us contacting them asking for support, they'll throw us a few bones? Not sure, figured it was worth a shot.

Here's what I sent, as a template:

Hello Godspeed,
I'm a huge fan of your products, my RX7 ran GS coilovers and my Mazdaspeed Miata will as well. I am writing on behalf of a tiny yet powerful community of enthusiasts who drive the 1986 through 1989 Mitsubishi Starion and Chrysler Conquest models.
I don't know how familiar one may be with that particular marque but these cars are amazing and, while I am already in possession of coilovers, it would be amazing to see more support for these cars. With your help, we can keep a dying breed of car from fading away.

The limit also doesn't have to be drawn at suspension: These cars are turbocharged from the factory but with limited support we are stuck performing lots of custom and one-off modifications. Godspeed turbochargers, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, radiators, intercoolers, brake setups, etc would all prove to be a huge benefit to our community and you would nearly have a monopoly on it as, mentioned previously, the support for our cars is slowly fading away each year.

While our numbers aren't extreme, there are more than enough Starion and Conquest drivers to make parts manufacturing worth while, the passion from each driver would ensure that your sales numbers are adequate and that research, design and development costs are promptly met! I'm also sure that there are no shortage of persons who would either:

1. Be willing to let Godspeed use their car for testing.
or
2. Have a second Conquest/Starion for testing purposes.

I understand this request may be a bit extreme, but I promise that if you at least give us a shot at having some parts made, we'll return the favor with a rather sizable and loyal customer base.

Thank you,
David Adams

• Like 3

Good job!

We need Starion tail lights, most have rusted, faded or cracked with age. You can find affordable tail lights on ebay for most imports produced since 1990. Surely, Godspeed can have thier manufacturer make us a batch. I'm sure 200 pairs will sell easily.

Not trying to be negative, but there's so many posts complaining about limited aftermarket support. Then you go over to the other side and see numerous group purchase threads where its tough to get 10 people to buy something. Too many cheapies and complainers. Just flipping through the stedebani g.b. on bushings you see everyone wanting a different durometer and then a different color.

I think if it was so easy to sell 200 quest lights someone like mookeh would have made them. There's like 5+ different lights for our cars so that's one. Then if they cost over 125 most won't buy them.

Raxiom released yet another new,style of mustang lights. Costs 400$, and already sold out. Just saying.

Doesn't hurt to reach out. If a dialogue can be established with a decision-maker there, it's possible to start with a single part (I'd choose something very likely to be bought by our people) and then expand to more choices as the relationship proves to be lucrative for the vendor. Communication is the biggest part of getting anything started. Nice job.

Doesn't hurt to reach out. If a dialogue can be established with a decision-maker there, it's possible to start with a single part (I'd choose something very likely to be bought by our people) and then expand to more choices as the relationship proves to be lucrative for the vendor. Communication is the biggest part of getting anything started. Nice job.

Oil Cap. Shiny Godspeed oil cap. Thats what most of us members can afford.

"Communication is the biggest part of getting anything started"

Nothing wrong with communication, but for good communication honesty and transparency should be key.

"While our numbers aren't extreme, there are more than enough Starion and Conquest drivers to make parts manufacturing worth while, the passion from each driver would ensure that your sales numbers are adequate and that research, design and development costs are promptly met"

Sorry, but that's very misleading and possibly a lie. I can't even think of 10 members on here who I know have the money to buy any given product at will without saving for a month, getting a cash advance at work, or begging the wife to dip into the miniscule saving account they share.

Dude your not being negative.....you just being flat out RUDE!

Most people who own these cars dont hang out here everyday waiting for new parts.

But when a good product comes out....it will sell.

This website is for members who love these cars....and maybe each other.

Let me guess.... you still dont own a conquest or a starion, but your here bashing us and every decision we make!

Take a step down from where you stand above us all..... and please dont post crap about people and there money problems!

I think this could be a great Idea.....They sell lots for other cars.

I thank you for asking....and trying to get some help for the STARQUEST owners.

Dude your not being negative.....you just being flat out RUDE!

Most people who own these cars dont hang out here everyday waiting for new parts.

But when a good product comes out....it will sell.

This website is for members who love these cars....and maybe each other.

Let me guess.... you still dont own a conquest or a starion, but your here bashing us and every decision we make!

Take a step down from where you stand above us all..... and please dont post crap about people and there money problems!

I think this could be a great Idea.....They sell lots for other cars.

I thank you for asking....and trying to get some help for the STARQUEST owners.

I have to agree here. I can think of much more than a handful of members that would buy reproduction products. Me being one of them. I could SURELY go for some Station tails and I would gladly pay $200 for some brand spanking new ones.

The request made to Godspeed by the OP is very honest and well worth the attempt. You argument lies within the forum in which the majority of SQ owners aren't even REGISTERED on here. I for one spent a year and a half working in my car using primarily eBay before I even THOUGHT about registering here. More people will buy from eBay than from here simply because of the population involved in one medium vs the other.

Please just take your negative comments and keep them to yourself. Constructive criticism is acceptable, but that line was passed well before you finished your first "honest" post. There's nothing wrong with trying to get more support for our cars and the fact that you're bashing his efforts proves that you're one of those who would fight for a product, but then complain about the specifics of the cost after it was produced.

I for one support the effort made and am anxious to hear their response. Good on you for trying and please keep us updated. Simply ignore negative comments made and don't give up in your efforts.

- Charles

Sorry, if you feel I'm being rude, I probably was.

I'm not talking down to anyone. I would love to own a flatty with maroon interior, but I myself have my fair share of money shortages. I'm jealous of many of you who have a garage and the means. My apologies.

While I'm sorry for my approach, I'm not sorry for my views. I do feel many on here are un aware of how tough it is to sell anything to this community. I have seen countless threads on here proving that and only saw a handful of profitable and sustainable products. Its a fact.

Good luck with your efforts op. I ment well, I just don't want us to look bad if Godspeed considers only to have it backfire.

Well written proposal to be sure. What's the worst that can happen? Might as well reach out to CX-Racing too, they already began making a few things like radiators for us. That said, I do agree with what Malykaii said about members being cheap. Like most on the internet, everybody wants the sun and stars but when it's time to pay up, people flake. A lot of GP's are dying deaths by committee too.

I'm not talking down to anyone. I would love to own a flatty with maroon interior, but I myself have my fair share of money shortages. I'm jealous of many of you who have a garage and the means. My apologies.

It's all good, I have garage envy too man, bad. It's strange, because my Starion is way more expensive to own than my 99 Vette is. It would seem Starion owners have to have some money to keep one running, yet what you said about the cheapness is true. I tried to figure it out but gave up LOL.

I admire your formal apology. I understand your point entirely, but it could have been brought up in a more neutral manner. I know you've contributed quite a bit to the community in various ways. I just felt they way you presented it was very negative and insulting to those of us in the community that do give purchase to GPs and MK1 products. I too am very limited on funds often because I'm trying to juggle college and living expenses on top of finding time for work and my cars.

Also keep in mind that it's not all about how quick the parts are to go. It's all about making some kind of a profit. As long as they make a profit in the end, even if it takes a couple months, then businesses don't normally have any issues with helping out a community. I think it'd be a great asset and I personally don't think they'd have a problem with making a hefty profit with us. Like I said, it'll help to also have the stuff listed on eBay for those who have these cars but aren't registered.

No harm done Malykaii. ^_^

- Charles

I agree.... if your selling something for $40 then all kinds of people are in line to buy it.

But it just goes with the way these cars are being treated.

i would be off count ....If I said 100 of these cars get parted every year.

Which contributes to the no aftermarket need......someone, somewhere is willing to give parts away for free or dirt cheap.

Just another reason why I want to get out of these cars...they arent worth crap.....but the same reason I want to keep a nice one for the rising value.

Someday there wont be any to part out.

But to call out people... and how much money they dont have... just makes you look very.......__________. well you fill in the blank.

Man you dont need to type sooo mad like....that's all.

It's not like your feeding your family from starquest members right?

I would like to see the numbers on how many part MK1 or mookeeh sold on ebay...and some here.

Seems like there is alot of those parts still floating around.

We just need a manufacturer who will make things and hold on to them for 2,000+ years.... thats all :D

Thanks for the apology...it makes a differeance!

People here are cheap to pay up for goods? Ya that's why CXRacing keeps running out of stock for Starion radiators and fan kits...... Mad props to you David Adams, we all here are hoping for the best. I myself have contemplated contacting Mishimoto for the same reasons you have.

Not trying to be negative, but there's so many posts complaining about limited aftermarket support. Then you go over to the other side and see numerous group purchase threads where its tough to get 10 people to buy something. Too many cheapies and complainers. Just flipping through the stedebani g.b. on bushings you see everyone wanting a different durometer and then a different color.

I think if it was so easy to sell 200 quest lights someone like mookeh would have made them. There's like 5+ different lights for our cars so that's one. Then if they cost over 125 most won't buy them.

Raxiom released yet another new,style of mustang lights. Costs 400$, and already sold out. Just saying.

Within my circle of starion/conquest owners, I can vouch that 12-15 pairs out of the 200 tails will sell. There are at least another 200 SQ owners on here who take pride in making their rides look top notch. A new pair of OEM style tails will complement any SQ.