(Dusty) My '88 SHP

SOTTY

"Dusty" getting ready and present at this past weekends "Mesquite Mania" hotrod and classic carshow.

Dusty is a 1988 Conquest tsi shp, i'm the second owner , in the past few months Dusty recieved a total "strip down" resto and new paint by California paint and body here in Las vegas.

Under the hood the car is fully "blinged" running full *DM hardpipe kit,big intercooler, radiator and a host of other "old school" HKS items topped of with a spanking new 14g turbo and runs STRONG ! ,what isnt chrome plated is either polished or gold anodized. :)

post-12922-129529398558_thumb.jpg

post-12922-129529399581_thumb.jpg

post-12922-129529400383_thumb.jpg

post-12922-129529401833_thumb.jpg

post-12922-129529402552_thumb.jpg

post-12922-129529403369_thumb.jpg

Edited by scottygibb

The famous ScottyGibb red shp! man that car is beautiful. Looks outstanding mang. That thing was nice before you even started the restoration.

Yea man it was in great shape , it had a few tiny dings in the body that always really annoyed me , a good "dentpro"guy could have put it right but i went the long expensive route and the guys at California paint and body did an outstanding job on the tear-down, body and paint job even down to replicating the rare optional pin-striping on the door sills and fenders , sad thing now is the car is so pretty i'm scared to drive or park it anywere ! :lol: Edited by scottygibb

Under the hood the car is fully "blinged" running full *DM hardpipe kit,big intercooler, radiator and a host of other "old school" HKS items topped of with a spanking new 14g turbo and runs STRONG ! ,what isnt chrome plated is either polished or gold anodized. :)

pics or it didnt happen

The pics don't even come close to giving it justice, its as near perfect as any quest could ever be.....if you guys want to get a closer look come on down in Oct. 2011 at our Nats meet.....it will be parked next to my pos for comparasin purposes only... :P

pics or it didnt happen

Thanks for the nice comments peepz , i'll get some engine pics up real soon , Dusty is now wearing a new and fully blinged out 18g since my first post and a few other new items. :)

• 3 weeks later...

...and eating RX8's for a daily meal :D

I'm sure this new RX8 went back to the dealer Monday morning with the owner asking why a 20 plus year old turbo turd Conquest walked away from him on US95 Saturday night :) . Edited by scottygibb

• 3 years later...

WOW, the engine bay is sexy as hell. I bet it will be a pain to keep it that way.

chronic pita to keep clean , helps keep the miles low Edited by SOTTY

Pain to keep clean it is , thats a old pic , i kept the 'bling thing' going to the point i ran out of things to bling , Viper,the chrome battery cover is a plastic door mirror cut down and made into a cover with blingy terminals , the car is now in the process of going MPI and of course its blinged out also

• 2 weeks later...