#1 markp

markp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Customizing cars
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Have a auto transmissionn 88 conquest when I start car in morning it fires right up idles fine but if engine is not warmed up to 190 degrees ( about 5 minutes) when I put car in gear engine kills . Turbo has little get up and go even when warmed up I cleaned throttle body And took out waste gate actuator hooked up air to it shaft moves . Any ideas would be great to hear .Driving me nuts

#2 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Sounds like you may have to do couple of things.But don't guess it.Test it!
Compression?
Fuel pressure? Should be 38-40  when you hit the throttle real hard it should not drop! Usually dirty filters and tank =clogged up injectors.Clean the fuel system from tank to injectors. New ngk plugs and wires maybe new coil if oem.Rotor and cap also. K thats a good start.
Clean connections are must do for temp sensors one that points up by the dipstick talks to the ECU and tells it if car is hot or cold! If it doesnt? Fueling is efected to rich or to lean!
If all checks good  well Good!
Time for tps/isc reset now! There is a write up on here how to do this.
Check your timing and make sure at 10 deg.
I highly recommend AEM or other AFR gage to be installed on the car so you can see what the car is doing rich/lean it helps w troubleshooting. 3" GM MASS AND TRANSLATOR ALSO WORKS GOOD SO YOU CAN ADJUST FUELING.Especially if using aftermarket injectors. Its a hit or miss w aftermarket injectors and it's a good thing to have translator and afr gage for tuning as spray patterns and flow could be off from original. These cars idles best at 12.5 13.5 afr. New fuel injector clips are a must have!Good luck  I feel like this is basic stuff to check but we could go all day writing things on what these cars need to run good.Pretty much everything and big pain in the rear.LOL

Edited by croquest87, 30 May 2018 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users