03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:13 PM

I have been running the NGK BUR7EA-11...for a few years now, I went to get a new set of those for my new motor and was told ,that number is no longer available and is replaced by GR4GP...which is a platinum tip plug(tiny tip) plug. when compared the two plugs seem the same( except for the obvious end) ...however there is a very slight length difference (slightly less than 1/16 )...has anyone used these plugs and if so...how did they perform. I did have them in the car...but was working starting issues out at the time, so the car did not run with theses plugs in it. thanks for the imput.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#2 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:39 PM

NGK 7031 (BUR7EA-11)....They are still available....

Look for "NGK 7031" on Rockauto...

$1.86/each....

EDIT: Also, Amazon has a pack of 4 for $11.56 so $2.89/each and plenty available...

Edited by Preludedude, 06 May 2019 - 09:51 AM.

#3 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

edit

Edited by Preludedude, 06 May 2019 - 09:51 AM.

#4 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

I had this same thing happen at Oreilly's a few months ago. They had to order them and once they came in they were the ones you got. They said "our computer tells us that these are the replacements for those types of plugs". I just went ahead and ordered them on rock auto like Prelude said.
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#5 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

View Post81zfan, on 06 May 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

I had this same thing happen at Oreilly's a few months ago. They had to order them and once they came in they were the ones you got. They said "our computer tells us that these are the replacements for those types of plugs". I just went ahead and ordered them on rock auto like Prelude said.

that would irritate me....If I ask for 7031, that's what I want...dont give me a replacement plug..especially if I have to wait on it...

#6 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

Had to wait 4 days since it was Friday after 5 pm. Then after going on the following Tuesday they tried to play that BS.... This is what they've changed the plugs to is what the guy kept saying.
Anyway, good luck dude. Don't let them try to convince you these plugs no longer exist
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#7 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:14 PM

I was also doing some reading on a forced induction site and they were stating that those platinum plugs with the tiny tip " do not have enough surface area for higher boosted engines" and spark blow out is most likely going to happen. that is always a concern for boosted engines especially turbo setups...cause we generally run more boost than a supercharged engine.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#8 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing
  • Model:Starion

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

Used to run the NGK BP7ES, until I switched to E3 plugs and never looked back.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#9 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

I have been looking at those e3's and was curious if anyone had ran them. My main concern was with the gap on the ones I was looking at and what it is set at since it's a fully enclosed tip

#10 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

I've always run the 7031 until the last dyno suggested a colder plug. Replaced with BR8ES. Jury is still out
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Autopower 4 point cage, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
The Valencia Project
http://www.starquest...+golden +dreams
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#11 SSG_CARTER

SSG_CARTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars bikes and speed.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

BR8es is what I replaced the 7ís with after experimenting with the god awful E3. Anything over normal 10-12psi and they are not boost friendly. Went with 8ís after 7ís fouled. My own fault mind you. 22-25psi smooth thru the rpm range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users