kyb???

hey i i think it's time to put some new suspension on the old quest, i heard that kyb are good and i also heard that i can get each of them for about 70 to 80 bucks anybody know of where i can look at them. and what are you good and bad point of the kyb strust or shocks???

i installed the KYB struts on the 88 Quest that i had. i can honestly say that the car drove & handled great, i completely eliminated the wheel hop i had on tire spinning launches  :)  You must get a completer 4 wheel alignment after you install the struts. anyway i'm going to install the KYB's on the Blue Quest that i have now.

Elias,

Was that a difficult thing to do?  I'm thinking of getting KYB GR-2's instead of Tokicos.  Did they just bolt right on or was there some fabrication required?  I'm deciding and ordering something today so I'm investigating before I jump on the wrong option.  Thanks.

DrkRaven

• 2 months later...

I went with KYBs because the roads can get rough as hell here and I dont need the harder ride that I hear the Tokico's have.... plus they were about $25 cheaper per corner.  I *think* I got a good deal from www.tirerack.com

I have yet to pull out of the garage though... so I might be dead wrong.  Just put them on this weekend and cant go on the road till I get it inspected and tagged.  I do however know that so far I havent needed any fabrication.

One problem I have is that my Suspension Techniques lowering springs are now loose and can wiggle when the wheels are off the ground.... and I dont know what to do to align my wheels... especially camber... any solutions would be greatly appreciated.  As a matter of fact... I want to know so baddly AOL IM me: DJpowerHaus

>>> UPDATE <<<

Everything settled down after about a month... no loose springs, lowered back down... camber plates would help fix the camber which isnt that bad.  Plus they are really expensive.  I think the ride is hard enough for street use... I have a friend with pins in her back and she thanks me for not getting Tokicos