Found my dream wheel - need advice on fitment

First of all.....not divulging what wheel it is :lol: You have to wait for a picture on that end.

Anyways, for several years now I've been dreaming of this certain wheel which can be bought in any size desired but major $$$. A set recently came available used but mint and probably 1/3 the price to order a set. Color, lip style, everything exactly my preference. The rear size is pretty much exactly what I would order, but the front has slightly less offset than I would prefer for the width, but may work just fine. I've dug through the threads, but wanted another opinion here. Specifically, are the fronts gonna stick out a little much?

Front: 18x9.5 +0 offset

Rear: 18x10.5 +5 offset

I know compared to SHP's fronts, the backspacing is fine but will the wheel will protrude out about 1.5" more. Given how sunk in the fronts are, this may work fine but even used still too much $$$ to take any chances here. Thanks.

The fronts will be poking a little bit, not too bad though. May need a small spacer on the back to make them the same. You will def have to do some rolling/pulling/camber/stretching to prevent rubbing depending on how low you go. My fronts old fronts were 9.5, but +12

If it's a wheel that can be had in any configuration, I'd assume it's a 2 or 3 piece. Why not just buy them, send the fronts back to the mfr and have them taken in a bit? Or order new barrels that fit your spec. You'd probably still be well under the cost of a new set.

Ugh......looks like a scam. Found his exact ad on Ebay for double the price and as soon as I questioned him....ad disappeared. I knew it was too good to be true. :(

Work VS-XX wheels in gold FWIW

Maybe I should order some 13" CCW's and stretch my fenders....oh wait, has that been done???? :lol: I think we actually discussed the VS-XX wheels in Pigeon Forge like 3 years ago.....always liked them, never dared buy them.

Edited by jonboyb

Yeah there not that uber rare keep waiting and trolling forums for cars with same bolt pattern and you will find them some day. Shipping is killer, and so is insuring them in shipping (friend sent 2 back for restore to work) There are worse wheels out there you could buy. Been eyeing some Vossens myself but at 750 each and the smallest they come is 19X9.5's I'm going to pass. Edited by jszucs

• 3 weeks later...