Regarding a 1UZ swap.

89andBlue

Hey, I received many suggestions for doing a 1uz swap on my conquest.

I would love to know what all I'd need to get in order to make it a successful project, things like the transmission, rear end, what turbos would go best with it, etc.

If there's a guide to this swap please pass it my way, if not I always love reading what you guys have to say, this community is incredible.

Max

Edited by 89andBlue

Those engines are almost always paired with auto trans. You will need a flywheel clutch bell housing from a jz motor and an r154 trans. The one from a soarer has the correct shifter location. The rear diff on you car should be fine. They can handle a lot of abuse. Start with getting the engine and all in there and running etc. Then start figuring your turbo setup.

BC_99

http://collinsadapters.com/index.php/adapter-plates/toyota.html Has a few options for using the 1UZFE with a manual trans. The 240sx KA/SR 5sp trans fits perfectly in the StarQuest with the 1UZFE. You can use the transdapt LS universal engine mounts from Summit Racing just have to drill a few holes in it (I have an extra set), look at Pancakes swap thread. You'll make a custom trans mount an driveshaft. Wiring the 1UZFE is easy. Doing a single turbo shouldn't be too hard if you can weld. Edited by GINASQ

Use an early motor (pre-95'), they have a more stout bottom end. The LS400 1UZFE' are front sump and that's what you'll need to fit in these cars. Also, the 1UZFE can handle from 5 to 9psi on a stock ecu. There's no off the shelf standalone or turbo kits for these engines. There's really not much aftermarket parts for these motors too. Kelford makes cams for like $1400 though.

This forum has a lot of 1UZFE engine http://www.lextreme.com/forums/

• 8 years later...