85 quest super clean highly modded MPI $8300

heefner

THIS IS NOT MY CAR

I'm listing this car for sale for Mt.Airy Motors Total Performance. www.totalperf.com

85 quest freshly built MPI, Haltech EMS, large turbo, FMIC 3" exhaust, boost controlerwith 110k miles on odometer for $8300

Blue with silver strip black custom interior

5spd a/c turbo timer boost controler MPI etc. Nothing about this car is stock

I don't know much about the car except from the pics but if somone is interested I can go take a look as I'm about 30 mins away. To find out more about the car contect Fred at mtam@fed.net

The back story, the car was brought to the shop to have work done and as problems were found they were addressed. Unfortunetly the owner could not pay the bill so a mechanics lien was filed for and granted. The shop now owns the car with title in hand. They are just trying to get the money back that they have invested in parts and labor. I'm told the previous owner had spend nearly $14k on the car before it arived at the shop.

Pics attached below. More photos in my gallery 85 quest. Any quetions please ask.

post-4125-0-16923500-1389824314_thumb.jpg

post-4125-0-27773200-1389824350_thumb.jpg

post-4125-0-81226900-1389824380_thumb.jpg

I hope this car burns at the shop owners house! Sounds like a completely incompetent mechanic! I would have $ h i t on the title before sending! Too bad for pc85.....tech's like this make all of them look like crooks! Edited by xricer

Why would this car get posted with a thread that rips on total performance? I know there are two sides to a story but there are a lot of unknowns to list this car on a small community site, is the next guy going to get screwed?

THIS IS NOT MY CAR

I'm listing this car for sale for Mt.Airy Motors Total Performance. www.totalperf.com

85 quest freshly built MPI, Haltech EMS, large turbo, FMIC 3" exhaust, boost controlerwith 110k miles on odometer for $8300

Blue with silver strip black custom interior

5spd a/c turbo timer boost controler MPI etc. Nothing about this car is stock

I don't know much about the car except from the pics but if somone is interested I can go take a look as I'm about 30 mins away. To find out more about the car contect Fred at mtam@fed.net

The back story, the car was brought to the shop to have work done and as problems were found they were addressed. Unfortunetly the owner could not pay the bill so a mechanics lien was filed for and granted. The shop now owns the car with title in hand. They are just trying to get the money back that they have invested in parts and labor. I'm told the previous owner had spend nearly $14k on the car before it arived at the shop.

Pics attached below. More photos in my gallery 85 quest. Any quetions please ask.

Total BS Heefner. If you want to know the real back story, pm me. When I went to pick up the car last May, the engine was totally butchered, it started smoking from an electrical short, then it wouldn't even start. After being in the shop for 7 months it was way worse than when I dropped it off. Fred's business partner had to rebuild the engine because of all the internal damage caused by Fred. The reason I didn't pick up the car has nothing to do with being able to afford it, that is the biggest pile of horse manure! I was going to pick up the car last Sept! Fred through me a last minute curve ball that pissed me off so I decided to let her go, save me the additional expense and move on. And yes, the $14,000 I put it into it before I took it to that joke of a shop is just the tip of the iceberg. Not knowing what they did to car and what condition its in, I would stay as far away from this can of worms as possible

And before anyone from this club gets screwed over by Fred with this lemon, I would remove this thread ASAP.

I hope this car burns at the shop owners house! Sounds like a completely incompetent mechanic! I would have $ h i t on the title before sending! Too bad for pc85.....tech's like this make all of them look like crooks!

Could not agree with you more! Fred didn't have a clue what he was doing. According to Paul, Fred's business partner, the hesitation issues had more to do with too large of injectors (1000 cc). On sudden decel, they weren't getting enough fuel thus causing the stalling. He replaced them for 750 cc injectors and was able to achieve a better tune, but at this time the actual condition of the internals is a complete guess and all the crap Fred threw at it to try and solve the problem; not even necessary.

Edited by pc85

Why would this car get posted with a thread that rips on total performance? I know there are two sides to a story but there are a lot of unknowns to list this car on a small community site, is the next guy going to get screwed?

Definitely

It's true there are 2 sides to every story. If you want info on the car before it was finished contact PC85, if you would like to know the current condition of the car the info is in my first post. Please don't litter this post with opinions as there is a BS section for that.

• 3 weeks later...
I know a couple of mechanics (gone) that worked there, pretty sure it was during this "two-sided build," as when I would see them, they were commenting on a StarQuest, pretty sure it was this car. (knowing I run/own these cars) I could easily get in touch w/ them, but don't believe I wish to become involved in this. Had I an interest in the car, I would do so, but as clean as it appears; I don't think so. GL