• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,708 posts
  • Interests:cars
  • Model:Starion

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

Eh. Don't be soft! It wasn't! 😂😂
Being not real since I learned what was good for me

View PostConvette, on 21 February 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

The only reason I'm doing it is basically... cause I can.

#323 helrazr70

helrazr70

Project Blacksheep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • Interests:Black Sheep of the StarQuest family!
  • Model:Starion

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:22 AM

View Poststar240z, on 21 May 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Oh okay. Did you guys wire up m-rel pin? I was going to wire it up to power the fuel pump relay but i only have 1 volt. I heard you need to hook it up or ground it. With out it some ppl get a 5k rev limit and will not get engine codes out of it. Thanks for any help. I have the engine running already but its on an engine stand so not sure if i have it.

View Post19cturbo, on 22 May 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

at first i did wire up that pin, and it caused my relay to act funny.. it made a strange buzzing noise. I used the factory output wire from the factory main relay, id have to double check but im pretty sure i unhooked it.. boho had never had it wired up to begin with on his setup. ive not ran into any issues.

And yes im running direct switched power to the pump, when the switch is on, the pump is on. but i did wire it through a toggle switch so that i can cut it off if i need to check other things with the switch on. I also have a relay for the fuel pump and 10ga wire running directly from the battery to the pump..

I started researching my wiring last night and ran into the M-REL pin question for my 2JZ wiring. I was necromancing this thread and I see I'm not the only one who got stuck on the M-REL pin lol! Two videos on YouTube say to connect 12v to that pin yet the WILBO diagram pinouts say that pin is an OUTPUT and provides signal to actuate the main EFI relay to power the O2 sensors, fuel pump, etc. Why would I put power to a pin that is an OITPUT and already has power? It seems like that is asking for trouble or possibly letting the magic smoke out of the ECU.

I think I am going to leave that pin disconnected and see what happens. (First I'm going to check it with a DVOM to see if it is has any voltage present and if it's enough to actuate a 30A/40A relay) I will likely run separate relays and fuses to the fuel pump, O2 heaters, etc so that I can cut the main relay out of the equation.
Showroom condition black 1989 SHP Conquest 5spd w/44k original miles. Everything is factory except the fluids/filters, tires, battery, and engine belts. It is a true time capsule.

Working on restoring a black 1988 Conquest automatic with 139k miles, tan interior, and in need of TLC. It will be my "driver".

Posted ImagePosted Image

#324 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,156 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:32 AM

well post up your FIX and we can pin  it for future swappers.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users