Mookeeh exhaust

87TSiStock

Hi everyone I'm new to owning a conquest and I want to leave my car semi stock (I don't have a way to tune my car around here) but I saw on eBay the mookeeh exhaust and saw some other threads about it is it worth it? I don't plan on swapping engines or upgrading turbo right now just small HP gains

The 3" Mookeeh system is a great setup, fits like a glove and the ones for sale now have a better/straighter rear section than the one I have. You can swap the muffler easily if you want to as it bolts on. If the car runs good, go for it.

The pipes are good but you may want to swap mufflers on it. It comes with one of those cheap chinese straight through mufflers. A member local to me bought one and I could hear him coming almost a mile away. Way too loud for a street car. I prefer a muffler that doesn't alert all the cops in my area.

I have their 2.5" setup and am very pleased with it. Good fitment and pretty good quality for the price. If you are staying close to stock and can find the 2.5" any cheaper, it will work just fine for your needs. The 3" is a very good setup, but with no big HP goals in mind, the 2.5 will give you a hair more ground clearance and wont hurt you performance wise compared to the 3" on a close to stock setup.

BC_99

A little backround on my car it's the 87 TSI 80000 miles A/C delete, antilock delete, all stock eveything otherwise, when i bought it the cap was off a few gears and ran like crap and sputtered around 4000 under load but after messsing with that and timing cars running very good so far very happy with the car love the conquests

nope not at all over kill.

i drove cross country from NY to California with the 3 inch turbo back.

its a good investment for future mods.

the next mod should be porting the exhaust manifold to turbo opening.

it is a bottle neck for sure. it is time consuming but a good free mod if

you have the time to do it.

You can get them from top end performance. Just google them or you can buy a mk1 down pipe and have a local exhaust shop make you a mid pipe to eliminate the second cat. That's what I did and I'm running the 3" with an aftermarket dual tip muffler

i think im probably going to go with the tep 2.5in down and B pipe and the 2.5in mookeeh system get rid of both cats i dont think i'll need the 3in becuase i dont plan to get up to the 300-350 hp range anytime soon. just a DD with a little kick to it

Thanks for all the info and suggestions cant wait to learn more form this site and monkeing with the car over time!

well wether you go 3 or 2.5 inch you can always ask a mom n pop shop how

much to just run the pipe from a 3 inch down pipe to back of the car.

when i got my first conquest i got a 3 inch down pipe. i got a 3 inch cat and

a WLK-17223 muffler from summit racing. the mom n pop muffler shop

charged me $105 to install the cat and muffler and run the 3 inch pipe from

the down pipe to back of car.

they did a great job and it was high and tight to the floorboard.

just a thought.

i think im probably going to go with the tep 2.5in down and B pipe and the 2.5in mookeeh system get rid of both cats i dont think i'll need the 3in becuase i dont plan to get up to the 300-350 hp range anytime soon. just a DD with a little kick to it

Thanks for all the info and suggestions cant wait to learn more form this site and monkeing with the car over time!

I would say go with the full MK1 system rather than mixing the TEP downpipe/midpipe into the mix. The TEP downpipe has no flex section and is not stainless steel, also overpriced. The vibration and movement of the exhaust will eventually crack the TEP downpipe due to it not having a flex section. Just saying this because it happened to me. It would also cost you more to do it that way. The MK1 downpipe also has a better tapered design near the flange that makes it easier to get at the bolts.

You can get a full custom mandrel bent exhaust done at an exhaust shop for $400

True if you can find a shop that does mandrel, but it ain't going to be stainless.