What do you guys think about Windows 10?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Starfighterpilot

Starfighterpilot

Dirty Old Man

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  • Interests:Keeping my Starion reliably scootin' down the road
  • Model:Starion

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

What are the pros & cons of doing the upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10?

We have a PC that used to run Windows 8 which ran perfectly fine and mistakenly upgraded to Windows 10.

Now we have all kinds of problems.

Ken
88 Starion ESI-R SHP BSE/stock original owner 495K Miles

84 Starion ES RIP in 1987

66 Dodge Charger, Modified Original OEM 383/ 365 HP, 4-speed, Sure Grip, original owner, 113K HARD miles - Being Restored

76 Dodge PU, Modified 440/ 425 HP, 4 speed, Posi Dana 60 DIF, 675K Miles

#2 jisleyjr

jisleyjr

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

I have only used it a little bit. My gf's computer was acting up so i did a factory restore (windows 7). Then i upgraded to windows 10. The only issues i had are some of the bloatware that HP had in their win 7 instance will not run in windows 10 and i can't uninstall them either because it tries to run the program's uninstaller exe. So i should have removed all that stuff before converting/upgrading.

Using windows 10 is different, i was never forced into win 8 for my day to day operations at work. I have to work on machines that have win 8 / 2012 on them and i get scared and confused on how to do stuff. So some of win 10 features are similar to that but have some of the similarities of win 7. I am annoyed on how they display the  All Programs list though.

If i had to use for work i think it might be neat because we use Office 365 and all that other cloud stuff so it seems like it would integrate nicely.
1988 Conquest, Fiji with blue/grey cloth interior. Magna MPI/MS2/EDIS-4, D2's, td05h/s16g
1987 Starion, Black Ext and Black Leather, parts car :(
1983 Starion, Black Ext and grey cloth interior, driveway queen
2006 Acura TL, Anthracite Ext with Black Leather, rolling on 18's.

#3 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,156 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

i would check to see if there is any updated drivers for your computer that might help with win 10.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#4 Speedy2222

Speedy2222

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

For what i've read, seen in videos, people i've talked with, and my own impressions on it, there is no reason not to upgrade.

#5 button

button

Rest dummy with dial indicator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

Windows 10 is great.
If you think upgrading will get rid of problems, it won't. There is probably something other than the OS wrong.
However, if you do a fresh install, it may. But, if you have bad hardware, it's still going to be bad.
I've done about 20 upgrades/installs, no problems.
-Jay

#6 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,052 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

Good info. I've been holding off due to worries about drivers for my legacy devices. I guess I can always set up a virtual machine if need be.
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#7 JohnnyWadd

JohnnyWadd

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,936 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:05 AM

Same as when we went to windows 8 and 8.1

It was frustrating at first and for me I had the windows 7 shell on my windows 8 laptop.

Learning curve for you and your computer.

Many of the drivers for the windows 7 hardware is not made for windows 8 or windows 10. So you have to sit there and do updates and read tutorials.

#8 MountainAIR

MountainAIR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Anything vehicle or motorsports related. Wrenching or customizing anything. car audio but have been out of the scene for more than a decade. If you have Q ask. ( zomb3573@gmail )

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

If your a fan of privacy disable Cortana she keeps track of everything and then tailors ad pollution on internet just for you based on anything you say, search or read. nosey lil girl that Cortana.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users