Clutch Slipping

mechengrkj

I started noticing last week that my clutch is slipping when I am accelerating and hit about 3K RPM in third or fourth gear. RPMs will jump up to about 4.5K and then drop back down quickly. Thinking back to when I rebuilt the engine after buying this car, I remember that the clutch slave rod was just some homemade thing that the PO used because he had a super stiff clutch installed. I'm wondering if the rod is too long and not allowing the clutch to fully engage. Does anyone know how long the rod on 88's should be? There is pretty much zero play in the pedal before the clutch starts to disengage the trans so I'm thinking this might be the problem. The current clutch is a Spec Stage 2 with about 7k miles on it and the flywheel was reground during the rebuild as well. I have added a manual boost controller to up the boost pressure to about 15psi but I doubt that I have exceeded the 345ft-lbs torque limit for this clutch seeing how it's pretty much completely stock. Any help is appreciated!